Thursday, July 17, 2014

Two Really Busy Days!

Since I'm a day behind on my blog, I'll fill you in on yesterday and work my way up to today.

Yesterday morning started at 6:30 am. I did my stretching exercises, and headed to the courthouse. There I sat from 8:35 am till 12:30 pm. We went through orientation, and waited for the judge to go into the courtroom. We arrived in the courtroom at about 11 am. Then the judge dropped the "bombshell" of what the case was about! The first sentence ended with "child rape." My brain shut down!! I dealt with child custody cases in Oklahoma when I typed the court reports while working for DSHS. I also heard "4 courts." At that time, I decided I would NOT be on the jury! No way am I going to have to relive all those cases, details, and everything else that goes with child custody cases. I raised my hand when they asked if anyone has a problem with the case. I explained, after 4 years (really only 2) of typing those cases, I could not handle being on the jury for that case. After several questions from the attorneys, and having answer questions as they wonder what we thought, they finally decided to let some of us go. At 12:30 pm we were dismissed from the case. 22 others were left behind to be picked for the jury. Now I just have to wait till Monday to go back and see if I wound up on the jury for the next case.

After coming home, my neighbor called and asked if I had time to play cribbage. By the time I got home it was 3 pm, and then I had to head back out to my physical therapists by 4 pm. We worked it out for me to get a few more sections in. Got home, ate, and then went out to pick blueberries. At 8 pm Patrick called me to see where I was, as he just got home from a meeting. Finally at 8:15 pm I gave up. OH!! I had made a pie crust before I left for my physical therapy. So, got home, cleaned up the berries, made the blueberry pie and finally made it to bed at midnight.

Today, was quilting at Quilter's Junction. There was 5 of us there. We had a good time, and called it a day at 1 pm because the weather was great and we all had things to do. I brought some cross stitch magazines with me to drop off at my daughter-in-laws. After that it was to the store. Getting home around 3 pm. Then I went over to Ruth's to give her a big hug and deliver the blueberries I was picking for her. (We'll pick tomorrow morning together).


I did finish another block. This isn't it, but you get the idea. Tomorrow will be picking berries, and cleaning up my mess downstairs. Tonight, I'm taking a breather, and getting ready to get a lot of stuff done tomorrow.

Life is busy and I'm still enjoying being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...