Sunday, July 6, 2014

WHAT A MESS!!

Okay, even I would agree this is a MESS! I can't believe I let it get this bad!!



The worst part is, I can't blame it on anyone else by ME!! I can't even say I'm organizing, because if I was, it wouldn't look like this!



First things first, group all my fabrics that I'm using for applique - including my guilt wall quilts. Put them in a "safe" place for when I need them - now let's see if I remember where that was!!



Next, it was time to roll fabrics onto the boards. I quit doing this some time back, and now is a good time to do it some more. It will take time, but it will be worth it in the long run. I will need to order another set of boards, as this one is running out!



One of these days, I will learn not to have ideas when it comes to my sewing room! I pulled out a rubber tub to use for my solid fabrics, and found more finished projects!!



I told you I stopped counting at 15!! These are cats that I was doing about 15 years ago. I asked members of the quilt guild to make them for me. We did a block exchange back then too. WHEN AM I GOING TO LEARN NOT TO SIGN UP?!?



This is another set of my great grandmother's blocks that I was going to put into a quilt. It's easy applique, and I started a couple of them a ways back - now I'm taking out the pins in them because they are rusted! Just what I need! More crap!




There are more of the sunburst pieces that go to another quilt - IF AND WHEN i'M READY FOR THOSE. ugh ugh ugh, here we go again!


AND I also found the Butterflies that were done over 10 years ago. These were won by my mother and she gave them to me. I only took a photo of one, will show more another time.


I Also found my block that I did at TAS Retreat about 3 or 4 years ago.
One of my favorite blocks I've done so far. I love the way this turned out, and I MAY just use it with the butterfly blocks.


So much for having all my solids in one place! I filled it and can fill another one at this rate! What in the world am I going to do with all these solids?! Oh, well, at least I have them if I need them.



Even after taking the first photo - I found more solids.



And even after this photo, I found even more solids. So, now both tubs are FULL.






Pulled up the bag from moms that's been there for a month. ugh....Think I'm going to give some of  it to our quilt group and see if anyone wants some of it. I'm getting sick of fabric - and I never thought that possible! lol




After 3 hours, I'm calling it quits. BUT Hey! It's a start! I have more to do, and I'll do more tomorrow. I decided to put some of my squares I've been cutting onto Listit and try to get rid of some of them. I don't need them, and I'm more than happy to give them to someone that does.




At least the mess isn't as messy! Now I just need to pay attention and start putting stuff away when I go down there with my stuff. I HOPE! Tomorrow I will get back to being Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...