Saturday, March 28, 2015

Happy Birthday DAD!

Today is my father's 82nd Birthday.


This is my parents. Dad has always been there for all of us.


This is all of us, my father, my mother, my older brother, myself, and my younger brother. Dad is always cracking a joke when we get photos.


This is what we do to pass time sometimes. We play games. This is dad thinking of the next move to make.

Today was about dad. I baked a carrot cake for him, with cream cheese frosting. That's his favorite cake. I wasn't thinking, I should have taken a photo of it. Then we went to the barber shop quartet program at the High School. It was awesome. My ex-boss was in the show as well. After that we went out to eat. Came home and played two games of gin. Of course my mother won both games. Dad loved the cake.

I did take my eagle with me to the program and was able to get a few stitches in on it. I'm almost done with the bottom part of the wings. It's going pretty good, I just need to sit down and work on them. Tomorrow may be a better day, we'll have to wait and see. It's also bowling night.

Dad goes into the hospital on Tuesday for surgery, so not sure how the next few days will be. I will probably take along a few things to work on while we wait on the surgery and after.

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...