Thursday, July 9, 2015

A Day At Home

Today started out pretty good. I helped Ruth again with her blueberries, then walked, and then off to Art's and played cribbage. Art skunked me today. Not the best start of the day, but it's cool. Dad came home today and sounded good on the phone. Told him I would check on him tomorrow.

I cleaned up around the house a little today. Not that it was that bad, but I got behind on laundry so the laundry was going today as well. I enjoyed the piece and quiet today. I'm going to have to bring Art back from dropping his car off tomorrow. Wish his daughter would come around or do what I do for him. Oh, well. I like helping people, but sometimes it gets to be too much.

I went downstairs just before Patrick came home. I started back on the 9 patches and started doing some 4 patches for the QOV quilts. Or who knows, a quilt for me.


This pile is getting bigger. I'm getting there. Still have about that much more to go. May have enough for two quilts. I really need to get some black fabric to finish this up. I'll think about it, but I'm thinking the black will make it pop.


I took some of the scraps Donna gave me for my Liberty quilt, and sewed some 4 patches. Just like the 9 patches, this needs trimming. I do like the way they are coming out.


My eagle is coming along. I have a few more pieces to put in and then it's going to be fun to do the embroidery as well. I think this is coming along great. I'm not as crazy about the lighter color for the eagle, but it's a change. I've got to work on the blue and red flowers.

I will have more time to work on these tomorrow. I'm having fun, and still kicking. Things are going good, and I'm still getting to my projects. I need to get back to my UFO's and will do that after these two eagles are done. I have my guilt wall back up with a couple things reminding me I need to finish them up. It's getting there...Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...