Thursday, October 22, 2015

Meeting Day....Tired Day....

Today I was out walking as usual. Then I came home and got my stuff ready for our meeting. I'm enjoying the fact that I'm not in charge anymore.

I was able to get more done on the flower I was working on.


The orange flower was not as hard as I thought it would be. I'm happy with the way it's turned out. I did take the yellow flower off, and will do the same to the one on the right. I will think of something different for that. I was looking at the yellow downstairs. I may add some yellow or gold colors to this block. The flowers can use some different colors to give it more life. I pulled out more of my oranges and a golden yellow. Not sure how I'm going to do this. I do know the other one will have more blues and purples, but Katt told me NO blue or purples in her quilt. (Too late)

I didn't take the colors with me on the basket block, so I worked on the eagle feathers.


I was able to get about a third of it done. I will put the darker fabric on the top part of the wing later.

This gives one an idea of how big the wings are.

I got home today and could't believe how tired I felt. I just want to go lay down and sleep.

Oh, mom wanted me to change the time of our class. I talked to Rita and decided I would not change the time. I had talked to mom about it when we scheduled it, and I'm not going to change it to make Rita do a lot of work to be able to change the time. I'll teach the class and mom can come in when she's done with her Bible Study group. I'll miss one of my Brazilian Embroidery meetings, but oh well.

Seahawks are playing now, and I'm going to sit here and enjoy the rest of the game. Just hope they don't do what they have been doing. Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...