Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Out of the Starting Gate and Running Fast!

Today started out with a walk. Headed home and then got ready to go to our QOV meeting. Picked up Donna and headed to Ruby Street quilt shop in Tumwater. We had a good meeting. We need more quilts because there are more people needing quilts then there are quilts. Hopefully I can get this quilt off to the quilters and we can have another one ready to give out.

I am sewing the binding onto the quilt Donna did. Hopefully I'll have it done by tomorrow. Have a meeting tomorrow at my house, but realized I have a PT appointment tomorrow as well. Hopefully I can beat everyone here. --- Hoping!

While at the shop I picked up these pieces of fabric for my Aunt's quilt. I'll mark it later this week and may try to get started before too long. I need to get moving on this one to have it done by Christmas time. I did the other one in 3 weeks, but with all the stuff going on around here, it may take me a little longer.

Donna marked the eagle that sores over the top of the bed. I'm going to mark one for me to do as well. I still need to get the eagle done that I have so she can finish up that quilt. She's going to put all the eagles in one quilt. Then we'll do the eagles that sore at the top of the quilt. I'm going to do one for myself as well. I will pick up my fabric for that on Thursday and then can mark it on my fabric and the white fabric for QOV.

The books I ordered from C& T publishing arrived yesterday! I was so thrilled and I did a good job of picking the books!! There is a TON of beautiful quilts from the past. I love all these books and I will use some of the patterns in the future. I love the quilts from the past! One of the things I think about is doing an antique pattern and bring it up with mixing modern and traditional. Yet I don't care for "modern" I do like style.

Got home and put all my stuff away...sort of, and then cleaned up around the house. I mopped the floor. Then cooked supper and cleaned up. Now I'm ready to relax and get the binding done on this QOV quilt. Once that is done, I will try and finish up the eagle block so I can return both the quilt and block to Donna by this weekend. Then I can get to mark my two eagles to get started on those. The next few days are going to be BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! I have the committee coming over tomorrow, Thursday is quilting at the shop, Friday is quilting at moms, Sunday is bowling (twice), and Monday is Brazilian Embroidery. Probably have something going on Tuesday but not wanting to go there right now.

So, with all this going on, I decided (not really) to have an Anxiety Attack. I couldn't believe I put myself in the position. Told Patrick I needed to sit down because of the feeling I had. He had to remind me to relax, it's not that bad and I can get through tomorrow and the next few days. I don't have to go to moms if I don't want to, let alone go to the shop. ME, have a panic?! Yep! Hate it, but it does happen. I'm doing fine right now, and I hope I can get through this week without feeling like that again! Need someone to stick their tong out at me, and I'd probably laugh enough to relax. Maybe I should find an app that has funny faces on it! ....yea, no.

In the meantime, I'm taking each step at a time. One day at a time, I don't need to get ahead of myself. Looking forward to getting back to a calmer week, and being right there at Happy Quilting!

A Good Day For Stitching

I woke up in pain. I couldn't believe how hard it was to get out of bed. I got going on the laundry and even started a puzzle. I tried...