Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Another Day, Another Idea

Today started out early. I actually make bread to take to Art and my physical therapist. Patrick's bread was left at home. Called and asked if he wanted me to drop it off while it was still warm, and he said no, because I'd have to bring the butter and other things with it. So, he had it for dessert. lol

I had the bread done, and was working on my quilt for my Aunt.


This was my starting point.


This is what I was able to get done today. Considering I was only able to work on it for about 2 hours all day, it's not to bad. I'm happy to see it going so fast. I realized today that I'm actually appliqueing from corner to corner. I need to work back through the other corners. I do like the way it's looking.

I took the pattern that I got from the course I took at iquilt. Kathy's owl pattern. I love how she designed it, and I'm wanting to do a wall hanging out of it. I'm going to try the technique and I'm hoping I'll enjoy it as much as I think I will. I also will be ordering her paint pencils, as they are what I've been looking for. I don't like the crayons. I used them in the past and over the years they have faded so bad, one can't tell what was there. I have seen some of the other things embroiderer's use for their quilts, and I like the look but wonder how long it will stay that color. These pencils she has stay a long time.

Mom will be over tomorrow to baste her quilt for my niece. I need to go down and clear of my table - yah, I know, it's a mess again....Never fails, just can't keep it cleared off.

Looking forward to tomorrow, as it's my day to stay home! I love to be able to do what I want and I'm usually Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...