Sunday, December 13, 2015

Where Did The Day Go??! was getting up early. Had to meet the gals for bowling at 9:15 am. Patrick slept till 8:30 am, so had to move fast once he was up. Good thing we didn't have to go far to meet up with them. It's a 5 minute drive to our meeting place. Loaded up the car with gifts since it was our Christmas Party as well.

We headed to St. Helen's OR. It usually takes about an hour and a half. Today...longer. We got to State Route 3, 18 miles from St. Helen's when traffic was stopped. We waited and waited for it to move. Nothing. A contractor that was parted behind us had walked up to see what was going on. On his way back, Kim stopped him and asked what was up. He didn't know but knew another way to go. When we asked him, he said, "yah, I guess you can make it, follow my truck." We wondered what he meant by that. We followed him on the back roads. We hit gravel road a couple times. Took about 30 minutes to cut off 4 miles. We got back on SR3 and made it to the bowling alley 30 minutes late. We were the first ones from WA to get there. We waited another 20 minutes and then was told the others could finally get through. There was a mud slide on the road with a tree in the road. We couldn't go to St. John's because there was a train that was on fire and that road was closed as well. We ended up bowling an hour and a half after our scheduled time. That didn't help me out, since I bowled REALLY bad! I got some awesome gifts from the others. I even won $2 on the scratch ticket that Sally gave us. The trip back wasn't so bad, but it was way past the time we normally get home.

Patrick picked me up at 4:30 pm. We came home and eat. Then at 5:30 pm headed out to the bowling alley to bowl on our league. I bowled as bad as I did this afternoon with the exception of the last game. It took me 6 games to get over 155 and bowl a 202. Kim and I were joking about how I'm warmed up and ready to do a tournament now! NOT!

I did get 3/4 of the binding done on this quilt. I will take a photo of it tomorrow. I also have the label done and will show that as well. Today just went by so fast that I'm surprised I lost the day just waiting! I'm not a waiter, so it took its toll on my bowling. Next month we will be here. I wanted to be working on my projects, but life was quick today.

I found out we are not exchanging gifts on Sunday. We did buy the yarn for me to make more pot holders for that. I guess that's a good thing. I will work on finishing the quilt tomorrow, then I'm going to get back to the piecing I was doing. I want to try and get back downstairs to work on stuff. I'm in the mood, so I better take advantage of that!

A day gone with little projects done. But then there is tomorrow to be Happy Quilting!!

Went To The Movies Today

This morning we enjoyed the morning sleep in. Patrick slept in and I was up early. Patrick worked out in the yard this morning before comi...