Sunday, January 24, 2016

Wasn't Home Yesterday.........

Yesterday was one of those days when we left early for the casino then headed to mom's to go out to eat. We went from the casino to Tacoma all in one day. It was a busy day. We celebrated Patrick's Birthday at the Spaghetti Factory. The old building was closed and we ended up going to the new place for the Old Spaghetti Factory in Tacoma. The traffic wasn't much fun either way.

Today I woke really early. Wasn't to thrilled I couldn't sleep.

Just got back from bowling - not so good today - and will finish this up. I will say I didn't get my 500 series and don't know how but we won 3 games. I dropped 2 pins on my average...not too thrilled but really didn't feel good bowling.

Most of the day we were hearing the chain saw going. Our neighbor asked if we would let him take down one of our trees that was causing problems with the roof of the duplex. He also said he would take out the dead tree that was between the others. Patrick said that would be fine since he was paying for it. We would pay some for the tree by the garden. It was dropping leaves that was causing problems in their yard too. The funny part is that tree was taken down at least 2 times since we have been living here. This will be the third. Patrick is going to get some root killer so it doesn't come back. He really didn't like that tree much. As they were cutting one of the other trees, they found the one tree that I wanted to stay was diseased. That meant it was going down too. Patrick talked to the guy and they decided the oak in the back needed to be trimmed, so that would be done as well. We had a dead tree next to a good tree, and he is now taking out the dead tree so the other one can live. Our place seems bare! I miss those trees! But it's better than having the trees fall on the neighbors house or our garage. There are two tiny trees where the others came down. Hopefully they grow fast! I'll take photos after they are all done.

This morning I worked on the cross stitch again.

I had this much done last night.

I finished up the bottom border and worked on the butterfly. I really didn't spend a lot of time on it. When Patrick started watching bowling, I went to the computer room and worked on family history. I added more information on both sides of the family. I also found that my gr-grandfather's sister died in WI. I didn't realize they all moved to WI. They lived in Peru, NY and then moved to WI. I also figured out there are more to that family then I have listed. I don't know how I'm going to figure out who the first wife was. It's going to take some work, but I'm hoping to be able to do that yet.

I went downstairs to see what I'm going to do about the binding on the QOV quilt. I may do red and blue strips. I don't think I have enough of either color to do it as one color. I am just cut it and see what happens. I need to figure out what to do about the pillow case. I'll have to text Donna and see if she could get me more blue and red to make one.

After all that work - about 3 hours worth - I came back out to work more on the cross stitch. Before I knew it, it was time to leave for bowling.

I'm beat! So calling this good and saying have a great night! Happy Quilting!

Enjoyed An Afternoon With Mom

This morning I got started on laundry. Then I enjoyed a few games. I actually slept in till 8:45 am when Patrick texted me. I was shocked th...