Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A Day at Home!

This morning I got up just after Patrick left. I played a little while then decided to get some work done on the computer.

I had to do a few things in between working. I was doing laundry, calling for information, and then going down to Ruth's to get a couple cards off for her.

When I did get a good time to myself, I went downstairs to quilt.


I started out with this much done. I realized I needed to get the butterfly done so I can roll the quilt and not worry about not having the butterfly done.


While I was quilting, I noticed the weather was "blah." This was my view. I just love my trees, so I enjoyed the view anyway.


While I was working on the butterfly, I noticed that the wing is a "true scrap" wing. I was surprised to see that, but at the same time, had to smile. I love the purple and it is awesome to see they wanted to give me that fabric.


Once I got the butterfly done, I moved to the other side. As one can see, each of my butterflies are different. Not one of the butterflies are the same. I wanted it to be different. I didn't want to do a quilt that everyone would say, "ah, nice." I wanted a quilt that if I had grandchildren, they could follow the butterfly around on the quilt. It would be something that makes it fun to see what I did. I usually let a quilt talk to me, and that's pretty much what it wanted. Not just the norm of cross hatch or straight lines. Something that is "different" brings out a better quilt.


It's a lot whiter than the photo shows. The lighting down there is yellowish.


Okay, now for the best part! I read this book! It's awesome!! I now want to read more of her books. I was looking on my kindle but the cost is a bit high for me. I don't like paying $10 for a book on ebooks. lol - I'm cheap - give me a book for $1.99 and I'm good. I even love the ones that are free. lol If anyone wants to read a good book, check this book out!

Poor Patrick, he's "sick" and not doing good. I'm thinking he may just be staying home tomorrow. He needs to!

Even though I didn't get a lot done today, I did get a couple hours in on quilting. I know I have other things to do, and I really need to get moving on them. I'm trying to hit one thing at a time.

Tomorrow I have a dental appointment (they called and changed my appointment). I was thinking I would go and get the copies I need to get for my cross stitch and my Brazilian embroidery. That way I will have them. I have to mark the fabric on the BE in order to work on it. I also need to get the cat 2 fabric applique started so that I can take it to the shop for a sample. I'll be teaching that class again in March. I hope I get more people in the class, but not worried about it. I just love being able to share my craft.

Tomorrow will not be a day at home - which I was hoping - but I do remember from the past - NEVER PLAN my day! Good thing I didn't....hahaha. I did plan on cleaning the oven because one of Patrick's potatoes last night blew up in the oven! - too funny! Anyway, I was going to clean the oven because it's got all that burnt in there. I forgot!! So, I need to put a big sticker on the oven to clean it! I'm getting there, one thing at a time. I am loosing my mind some days...not keeping on one thing, but a ton of stuff. I need to keep my mind on one thing and not keep jumping from one thing to the other. I will work on it! So I say....Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...