Friday, March 25, 2016

Keeping Busy.....Finished a New Project Already!

This morning was up bright and early. We walked our 2.4 miles. I got back in the house and thought about what I was going to do. I worked on the computer for awhile.

Then headed downstairs to work on my "bag" for my lightbox. I didn't have a pattern. I just thought about what I needed to do and went from there.


I took the protective sheet downstairs to get an idea of what I wanted to make.


I had some fabric that has been in my "stash" for several years. I haven't been able to find fabrics that would go with it, so I even thought about giving it away. I liked it, so it just sat in my stash. I decided this would be perfect for it. I then went through my other fabrics to find a piece that would work with it - not actually go with it, but be close. To my surprise I found one. I had to add a strip to it, because the original fabric wasn't wide enough.

I got started on it, till it was time to go walking again. We walked another 1.8 miles. We both hit 10,000 steps in the beginning of our walk. Came home and went back downstairs.


I thought about what I would need for a handle. I wasn't sure if I had interfacing or something that would work for the handle. I found some interfacing - didn't realize I had so much! I cut a long strip and pinned the two strips together. I then ironed it, and folded it in half to make it strong.


Once I had that done, I could go back to the bag. I had sewed the ends together before I worked on the handle. I was trying to decide if I wanted to do a binding on the top edges. I decided to sew them "front sides together" and turn it. I didn't do the sides. I decided I would bind the sides.


At this point I had the binding sewed on. I also put the strap on. After I did that I realized I didn't size it up to make sure they were evenly put on. I think I did pretty good considering I didn't measure or get too detailed over it.


This is it, FINISHED!  I was surprised at how easy it was and quick. I put the batting in it that I bought yesterday. I was really happy with it. I do think I should have made it a little wider though. I wasn't able to put the corner pieces that were in the box, in the bag. I need to make something for the power cord. I may just look for something I can zip up and put in this bag with it. My lightbox is 17 x 24" so I had to make a big bag. That was easy. I tend to do better on my own then using a pattern. I really should learn to measure more! BUT then when I do measure I'm always off and it's too small.

Last night I worked on my cross stitch.


I worked on the border green. Then I also worked on the green leaves on the right side. I also worked on some of the flower on the left. It's getting better. The photo shows the dirt mark that was on the roller. Good thing I wash my stuff when I'm done!

Tomorrow brother Patrick is in town with his wife. We will be spending time with them. Plus I think dad wants to celebrate his 83rd Birthday tomorrow with the family. Tomorrow is my daughter-in-laws Birthday! We will drop off her gift tomorrow. Would love to spend it with her. Not sure what tomorrow will bring.

So, I'm still running strong! Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...