Friday, April 1, 2016

A Beautiful Day....Good Day For Quilting!

Actually not quilting...applique. I started out with a good migraine headache this morning. Stayed in bed for another hour and then got up. Headed to moms.

There were only three of us today. Judy, mom and me. We had a good chat and a good salad lunch. I worked on one of the fabric catchers that I needed to sew and put buttons on. I was able to get one one of them done. I decided one was good enough, I really wanted to work on my flag.


I appliqued the wings together last night. I should have ironed that before taking the photo. Oh, well. It went really quick and is ready to put on the background fabric.


While at mom's, I worked on the flag. I had it appliqued together at her house. I folded the seam back and it's ready to go.


When I got home, I went downstairs and pulled out my laminate sheet and marked where the flag is put together. I was able to line up the pole and flag up.  I have it pinned right now to be appliqued down. I will work on the arrows the next chance I get. The best part is, the wings are ready to applique down, the flag is almost ready. I figured I would put this together in sets. Wings, flag, arrows, and body. Hopefully it will work out. I'm excited about how easy this has been to do so far.


I also worked on the rose. I had all but the last two rows done on this row, last night. Today when I got back from mom's I worked on the last two rows. I really like how it's coming along. I still have several more to do though. Three are in this area alone.

So, all in all, not only was it a beautiful day!


With beautiful flowers.


It was a great day for me to get a few things going! I even worked on the basket block I needed to get done. Didn't finish it, but worked on it.

That's why it's Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Another Blot On Life

 I haven't been able (or forgot) to do my blog. I am having to be in the hospital for a few more days.  On March 7th, my daughter's ...