Friday, August 12, 2016

A Day at the Beach!

Today started out with a walk. Patrick took the day off, so he slept in. I went downstairs to quilt for a little while, while I waited on him to get up.

I was able to get some stitches in on the quilt! I'm so happy to be able to get some stitches in on that quilt! I may get it done yet!

I did come up with a design for this butterfly. As I was working on it, I figured out I have 4 more of these to figure out! Now, what?! I'll have to think about this one. I've done pretty good at not doing the same thing for all of them, but I may end up with one or two that are the same. It's not easy to do!

Patrick was up and ready to go. We went to Grayland and West Port.

One would not believe how many birds were in one area. It was awesome to see all these birds.

Patrick found one of these clams. He was still sticking out - no safe with all those birds. Funny part was that we found a lot of sea life that the birds didn't get to. Guess they were having more fun in the water (above).

A "dollar" shell that actually had life to it. It was surprising it hadn't been found out yet. Birds usually get to these before anyone else does. I had enough shells from the past, that we just left it alone after I took a photo. Patrick moved it.

When we were walking back to the car, I just had to take a photo of what the water did to the sand. All the above photos were from Grayland, WA.

Then we headed to West Port.

They have changed the "main" street. Actually it's the tourist area. I love checking out the boats! I wanted to bring home some crab, but Patrick wasn't on board with that. UGH...I was looking forward to having some fresh crab!

We didn't do the "tourist thing" but we did stop and have some ice cream. I loved the feel of the weather. I was in shorts, so I have a feeling I'm going to pay for that! My legs are already warm....oh, well. I have sand in my toes!! I didn't even go in the water or take my shoes off.

There were some really neat ships! I found a post of a "Chehalis" lead ship on the post.  It was awesome. I didn't think to take a picture of it. It was around in the late 1800's.

We stopped at Pizza Hut for supper and came home. I walked 12,418 steps by the time we got back home. I even had the timer going on our walk in the beach and down main street.

Now we are home and I'm getting back to work on the new cross stitch I started.

I ended up taking some stitches out before going to bed last night. Probably a good think I went to bed....was getting confused on what I was

So, the good news is, I was able to get a few stitches in on the quilt! I'm still doing good with getting that quilt closer to being done! Happy Quilting!


This morning I was up bright and early. As soon as the sun was up, so was I. It had finally cooled down around 3 am this morning..... We t...