Monday, October 31, 2016

Time To Get Moving!

This morning I was up and went to help my neighbor. I spend a good hour and a half chatting with her before coming home.

When I got home, I knew I needed to get a few things done. I went downstairs to see if I could find an easy or quick block that I can do in Brazilian embroidery. I found the book that had some really pretty flowers in it. I decided to make a few of them for the quilt. I made an enlarged copy of a couple of the pattern. Then I cut the fabric and marked 3 blocks to work on. I need samples for the demo next week, and this way I can give the block over for Felicia's quilt.


I started one of the blocks. I was going for "fall" theme on this one. All I have to do now is get the flowers done. Then I'll start on the next one. The flowers shouldn't take too much. I hope they like it. I wasn't too thrilled with my fabric. It's too thin because one can see through it. So, I'm being careful on how I finish them on the back.


I worked on my cross stitch as well. I decided to take a photo of the back for Instagram. A lot of them were complaining about how the back looks doing the method I do or even the other method. I don't see it being a major problem. It looks okay. I could do with a better back work, but happy with the way it looks.


I was working in this area today I'll get a better photo later. I'm happy with it so far. I'm loving this and so sorry I can't get to work on it as much as I would like.

Tomorrow is QOV, and I'm thinking I won't be going. I would, but the last couple times I went, it wasn't so much fun. I won't be do as much as I thought I would. I have to work on more eagles, and right now I don't have the time. "Should I go or should I stay?"

Tonight I really want to get moving on my cross stitch.

Tonight is Halloween! Not sure if we will get any trick or treat-ers. We didn't have any last year, so it will be interesting to see if we get any coming to the house tonight!

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...