Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Another Hot Day In WA

Today I was up....at midnight....at 1 am....at  3 am....and again at 5 am. Anyway, you get the picture. NOT a night for sleep - at least not for me.

No clue what had me up and down all night. Tried sleeping on the couch...NOPE...tried sleeping in my chair...NOPE. Finally made it back to bed at 3 am. At first I thought it was 5 am, but then realized I left the bed around midnight. Oh, well.

I was up at 7:30 am enjoying my breakfast. Then went over to Cherrill's to help her out. Almost stayed for tea, but had to get back because of my game. Yep! Was playing games in the morning.

Then I decided it was past due time to do my Flosstube. So, I did the video and posted it today. Flosstube 12 made.

I did shut the house down today. Closed a few windows and had the fan going. It stayed cooler in the house. It did get up in the 80's today. Yesterday it reached closer to 100. But I'm okay with 80's. Still too hot for me. Of course we have a haze out there because of all the fires. To many fires around this area lately. Good thing it rained so much in the beginning of the year.

I worked on laundry. Also got a visit from our neighbor who is selling his place. I have to send an invoice to the Title company, so they know what he paid for water. Easy enough. They also wanted to know who they needed to contact when places around here sell. So, I'm working on a letter of information for them. That way they can contact us for the water, since they don't have contact information on it.

I have been thinking I'm going to stop working on my HAED project and restart it. I'm not liking it were it is right now. I'm going to buy a bigger piece of fabric and work on it later. I put it away and I took it out of the frame I was using. I also took the Ambrosia piece and put it in there. I moved the pieces around. I even used the bars from one and the sidebars from the other. It worked out pretty good that way.

I went looking for my pattern on the family history (Precious Moments) piece. Been looking for it for a long time. Finally figured out where I put it. I pulled it out and will work on it when I get tired of this piece.


I'm getting more done! I worked my way to the foot. Worked on that piece for quiet a while. The foot takes longer, because I'm doing 1x1 instead of 2x2. I like the look of it. It's smoother and is looking natural.


I will admit it is a little harder to get 1x1 with such small fabric. Think I need to change it up and go with something a little bigger. Not sure. Will see what I can get from my eye doctor so I can see them a little better. I may see if I can get a magnifier or reading glasses that will work .

As hot as it is, life is still good. My we all pray for the Texans who are being displaced. I pray we help faster than we did before. May those of you in that area be bless and looked after. If one of my readers has lost their craft supplies, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you out!

Life is good, hard at times, but each day something new comes along. Keep your spirits up and know I'm thinking of you! Best wishes, and keep Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...