Thursday, August 24, 2017

Enjoyed a Day With An Old Friend From HS!

Last night I got a call from Dale S., whom I went to school with. We graduated together and have been in contact ever since. I haven't seen him in at least 20 years.

So, this morning I was up and cleaned house just in case I brought him here. Good thing I did, because he arrived in town at about 10 am. I went to the truck stop and picked him up. We came here and had lunch. Then I took him around town, showing him where my son lived, where Patrick worked, and the little part of town that we live in. He then said it was 2 pm and I took him back to the station. Got home and realized he was on mountain time, and sent a text teasing him about being an hour early. He didn't have to pick up his load till 3:30 pm. Come to find out, he was having to wait longer for his load. He didn't get out of town till around 5:30 pm. After all that, I forgot to get a photo! I realized I forgot to ask about his grandchildren. We did get caught up, but not as much as I would have liked.Then again, 20 years worth takes a while to get caught up on! lol

After he left, I tried to get some cross stitching done.


I have a couple more places to fix and then I'm going to live with it. Hopefully the rest of it will be done fine. I've gotten 200 stitches in today and I'm happy about that. There for awhile I was thinking it was taking forever! Not the circle is starting to show! It's a little harder to cross stitch with 28 ct 2x1. I have double checked that several times. I think it would have done fine if it was 1x1. I'll have to remember to think about doing that the next time I do a HAED project. I'm not sure how much longer I'll work on this. I'm hoping to get a couple rows (sideways) done. I can hope!

I had an awesome visit with Dale, worked on my cross stitch and watched some TV shows. So, Life is good and I'm still Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...