Monday, August 21, 2017

Visiting With Folks, Running Errands, And Cooking

Today Patrick woke me with "Think you better get up." I was up and ready to leave. First I had to get my eBay sell shipped. I realized I had charged shipping when I said it was "free shipping." So, I refunded the amount and tried to get it ready to go in the mail. Of course, that would have been easy if it had been anyone else. I tried to get the computer to print out the shipping.....nope.....so I went to my laptop to see if I could put it on a thumb drive and print it out on the computer......nope...'course not! So, after 20 mins of trying to get this done, I decided I better get out the door!

Was at the folks house at 8:20, with dad's PT being 8:45 pm. Turned on mom's computer and went to my eBay account to get the shipping printed. Of course the first time I tried, didn't work. Then I did it again and thankfully it printed. Then I wanted to print out a shipping label. Of course I didn't take my password to my paypal account so I could do that. So, I printed out what I could off eBay's page. Wrote a note and sent a quarter with the pattern book. That was for the money paypal charged for the refund!! Go figure!! I couldn't tape it up because it was time to go!

Dad and I went to his PT. Dad's doing awesome with his physical Therapy! I was amazed at how much better he's getting. He's off the stroller or walker. He's now using his cane. Doing great.

When we got back to the house, I was getting ready to leave when mom asked if I would like to go to the gathering place and check out the eclipse. I asked if she wanted to go, and she did her usual, "only if you want to." So, I took her over to the gathering place and there was about 50 people there. We all shared the glasses and got to see the eclipse. It was awesome!!

Came back to the house and mom had a dress she wanted me to order for her. Then she wanted to get a rebate app. Then she wanted me to get her game done for her. So, by the time I left, it was 11:30 am.

My first stop on the way home was the post office, where I picked up my package! I got my fabrics from xjudesdesigns. They are awesome! I post the photo on IG but didn't get it sent to the computer. Will try and post that tomorrow. Then I also got my Butternut pattern from eBay. I also posted that on IG.

After the post office, it was to the bank. Next stop was the gas station which had gas at $2.83 a gallon. All because of the eclipse no doubt. Went up 4 cents from yesterday.

Finally headed home. Stopped at the corner store and bought a lotto ticket. Then came home. By the time I made it home it was 12:45 pm. I called Cherrill and told her I'd be other in 30 mins after I had lunch. Then went to put her socks and brace on her. Stayed and chatted for a little while.

Came back home. Played on the tablet for about 30 mins and then had to get supper started. I made Breaded Pork Chops. That took some time. I started prep at 2:45 and had it in the oven at 3:15 pm. Then I took the laundry out on the line. Of course the floor was dirty, so I swept the floor. Turned the chops over and let them cook longer. After 2 hours of cooking, they still didn't turn out as good as they usually do! They are usually tender but these were tough. I couldn't believe it!!

Once all that was done, I decided to put the cross stitch away. I decided it was time to work on another piece. So, I pulled out my Precious Moments tree to find out I didn't know what I did with the pattern or the floss. So, I put it back away. Went downstairs and found the other three. I pulled out my HAED piece to work on.


I left it at this point. Now I'm getting back to it. The center area is the area that I worked on. I'm going to try and get more done tonight. I really want to get some stuff done. I'll work on this for a while and then go back to the Ambrosia piece later this weekend or next week. I'm not sure if I'll do the hardanger tomorrow or not. Need to watch the video again. I'm really behind on a lot of videos.

life is good, I'm busy and loving how things are going. I'm trying to cut back on helping the folks, and time will tell. I'm still missing my Kitty, but life goes on! May we all enjoy life, enjoy being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...