Friday, September 8, 2017

Craft Sale And Quilting Day!

This morning I was up and ready to go. Went to Cherrill's but she didn't need me today. We chatted for a few minutes and then I hurried back to get moving!

I headed to the Craft Sale - more like a garage sale with crafts. I bought about $16 worth of stuff. I didn't really care for looking at the quilt supplies. So, I went through books and magazines that had to do with cross stitch.


She had a sale of 3 for 25 cents. So, I couldn't pass that up! I bought a few things I liked. Doesn't mean I'm planning on doing them right now but they are there for me to pick from. I also bought a years worth of Needlework magazines. (Top left side) I picked up the Prairie School patterns for those I know who like them. They are pretty popular on Instagram.

Arrived at moms for out quilt meeting. It went really well. I was attaching the rabbit to the quilt. I didn't get a photo of what I did, will do that next time. I have about a third of the rabbit appliqued to the quilt.

After the meeting mom wanted to go over to the craft fair. So, she talked me into going with her.She had to take the dog along. I told her she needed to hold the dog while we were in there. So, I carried her bag. I'll be danged if she didn't go around chatting with everyone and then decided she was ready to go!! She didn't buy one thing!! Why, oh, why did I go with her?!?

Came home and realized I didn't take anything out for supper. Called Patrick and told him I could do fried rice with the left over steak in the fridge. He told me he took the steak with him for lunch. So, we decided to go to McMinamen's for a movie and supper. He came home and we headed out. Got there thinking Wonder Woman was on but it was The Dark Tower instead. We decided to see it anyway. I started out on the dark side but I got into it as it went on. It turned out to be a good movie. It's also opened up for another one after this one. I was surprised it didn't make it in the box offices.

We came home and I need to do my exercises and either check out my magazines or do some cross stitch. I'm starting to get withdrawal for not working on much lately.

Life has been so busy. Even though life is good, it's moving along pretty fast. I'm realizing my life may be short or long. I've seen so many people I know pass away lately. When celebrates die at an early age, it's almost a slap in the face. Lately, when I hear of friends friends that passed away without notice, it's a wake up call. There is a guy at the bowling alley that has been there since I lived here the first time - back in 1978. He has cancer but doesn't know where or what kind. He's lost about 50 lbs, and now weights 136! He looks awful. But he keeps going and I admire him for that. I'm sure there is going to be day here soon when I find out he has passed. I am not looking forward to that day!

So, even though my thoughts are on "the end." I'm still here, and life is great! I'll take each day as it comes and enjoy every day I have. I know there will be hardships and hard times, but I'm going to get through them. Life is awesome, and I'm still going to be enjoying my crafts. I look forward to reading the magazines - outdated but good - and be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...