Saturday, September 2, 2017

Where Did The Day Go?!?

This morning I was up early. Just couldn't sleep very well. Maybe I was dreaming of the new mattress!

I worked on our shopping list. After Patrick got up we headed to Safeway and did our shopping. We saved 32%, so I think that was a good day. I had a coupon from coke for a free 12 pack. Since they had a sale of 4 for $10, I bought two. When we got to the check out, they listed the original cost of the coke for the coupon. So, instead of putting $2.50 for the price he put $4.99 off the $6.49 price. So, we ended up buying the two cokes for 1 cent. Not bad. I was surprised and willing to pay the $2.50 for the second one. I'm happy! We don't drink much coke so it's going to be down in the frig for awhile, but that's fine.

Loved the coke display Katt did for Pullman Safeway! It's HUGE! It has the WSU in it. She did an awesome job. It's floor to ceiling.

We came home and put all the groceries away. Once all that was done, we went downstairs and took one of the spare beds apart and put the mattress outside. We then took the bad box springs and put it outside as well. Then we went into the garage and pulled out the mattress and put it with the others outside. Took the good box springs from the garage, vacuumed, and cleaned up - and put it downstairs where we took the other one off. Then we took our mattress from upstairs and moved it downstairs. - That was fun!! We went through the entry way, so we were moving it from tall to short sides to get it down there! We had our bedroom ready for the new mattress. The delivery arrived around 3 pm. I could not believe this guy!! He had the mattress on his back and threw it in the house. It was like it was a feather for him!! I couldn't help Patrick half the time because the mattresses were heavy, so we took a little more time then he did! I could not believe how easily he got the mattress in the house and down the hall! It would have taken Patrick and I about 15 mins to do what he did in no time at all!

I was doing the sheets from both beds, and I put the quilts from the bed downstairs outside on the line. It was 90 plus degrees today, so they dried in no time at all!

We went out to eat, and when we got back, I put the last quilt out on the line. Within an hour it was dry! The mattresses and box springs that were outside got taken away when they dropped our mattress off. I was thrilled to get rid of the one outside in the garage. One less thing to worry about later on.

I got my DVD for  Family Tree Maker program. I was thrilled! It worked! So, I have been spending the last couple hours working on the Wiltzius family history. I contacted a couple other family members and hooked them up to my tree. I deleted 4 trees that were in the way from ancestry. I wasn't worried about what was getting deleted. The one I was working in was fine and had everything. I'm going to try and get a couple hours of family history in and see if I can get some of my paperwork in the computer.

Now it's late, and I have no clue where the day went! I didn't think we were that busy, but I'm guessing we were.Oh, well. That's life. Things go fast at times and other times it's like I can't wait for the day to be over.

Life is good, things are going great. Couldn't ask for more other than being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...