Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Quiet Before The Storm

Today was one of those days where I didn't want to get up. I woke up, close my eyes and 10 minutes later, thinking I need to get up, but then I closed my eyes a couple more times.

I enjoyed having today to myself. I helped Cherrill then came home and was wanting to do something. I had a couple ideas, then I had  hard time trying to decide what I wanted to do. Thought about it, and thought about it, still not doing it! Then I pulled out my light box, went downstairs to see if I could put one of my three or four panels together.....nope. I gave the half square triangles to someone, because they were not in the box. So, then I thought I can just work on my eagles. If I get a couple more eagles done, then Judy will have about 4 or 5 to work with. That would be a good presentation for 4 or 5 vets. I'm good with that. So, I traced three eagles on the back of three fabric pieces. That went really well.


I had everything ready to go.


Was happy I was able to get 3 of them ready. That was the end of that fabric. So, I'll have to use another fabric next time. I may try to do a red or blue for the background, so I'm thinking.


Then I went back downstairs to iron the wings on the fabric that I'm making the bird. I only did one for now. I want to get the wings sewn on first, then I can use the light box to put them on the fabric with back basting. I think I can do all three at one time, but we'll see. I will have to back baste some pieces on the background, but and to wait till the wings are done. Then I can do more at once. So, I keep telling myself that.


After I did all that, I went back to doing my cross stitch. I couldn't figure out what I DID WRONG!! I kept getting the counting off. The leg was coming along great, but when I got to the last two rows in that 10 x 10 area, I figured out I was off. I had an extra row!! How in the HECK did I do that?!? So, in counting, checking, counting, checking, and counting again, I realized I had been working 11 stitches across. So, I was not working in my 10 x 10 area, I was doing 11 x 10 instead. So, I know what I did wrong, and I can fix it as I go. If I took it all out, it would be one big mess. Taking out 1 over 1 is NOT neat or easy. So, it's an easy enough mistake that I can do it without it being obvious.

We had bowling tonight. I bowled a 148, 178, and 173. We took 3 games! We lost the one game by 2 pins - and we bowled the VACANT team!! I couldn't believe it! We were so close. That means we were done early. I was happy to be done early. We left while everyone else was in their 2nd game.

Tomorrow is a class at Brazilian Embroidery. Virginia Chapman is our teacher. I'm going to try and remember to take photos! Friday is quilting at moms. Next week is going to be one heck of a BUSY week. Really not looking forward to it!

Life is good, Life is busy, and Life is unpredictable. Best wishes! Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...