Thursday, October 19, 2017

Time Flies When On The Computer

Today I was up early. Would have slept in, if I had known I didn't need to go to Cherrill's today. Oh, well.

I relaxed in the morning, thinking of what I would do. I figured I would finish the binding on the quilt......best laid plans......

I was on the computer, telling myself I would be off in an hour....then another hour......then, OH CRAP, it's 6:30 pm.

I was working on my family genealogy - newspapers.com to be exact. I was finding a ton of family members in the papers. Then I found a few I know are related, just need to figure out where. I found a story about a William (James) Wineland. He killed a man (Dietz). The Dietz' adopted son at the age of 12, killed him. It was about 3 months between the 2 events. It was interesting to see how revenge worked out. Dietz told the son on his death bed to promise he would not go on without killing Wm Wineland for him. Guess he honored that.

There are a ton of stories in the newspapers. I can find new members at the same time. Before I realized my PLANNED 2 hours of research was over and I was onto 5 hours of research. So, I decided (right now) that I'm going to close up the computer and get the binding done on that QOV quilt. Then I can wash it and have it ready to go back to our meeting the first week in Nov.

Life is good, Life goes FAST, and I'm still moving! It's time to get back to being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...