Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Visiting With Mom

Today I was up shortly after Patrick. I went to Cherrill's and then to the doctors office. I arrived at 8:23 am and found a sign that said, "Staff meeting - closed till 8:45 am," so I had to wait. I sat in the car for awhile. Once I was able to get in there, I was lucky enough to be first with the blood test. So, I got in and out in short order.

Went to see how mom was doing. I was shocked when I saw mom. She looked like she was putting on a front. She was in pain and I could see it. She's not supposed to be walking or standing. I stayed to help a little. Helped dad with changing the bed. She's using a walker again. It does look like she damaged her back. It's hard to figure out what she did. They are still planning on going to the wedding in Las Vegas. Driving on Saturday is going to be very hard on mom. Sat with mom and her show she likes. I enjoyed it too, but it's on Netflix. Enjoyed spending time with them. Brought them a loaf of bread that I baked last night for them. I also dropped on off to Art.

 I decided to head home around noon. I stopped off at Office Depot to drop off some books to get the binding done. I also left a cross stitch pattern to be enlarged. Told him he could do parts of it and I'd tape them together. We'll see how it goes, I may end up going to Staples instead. We'll see, I pick them up tomorrow before going to the presentation in Olympia.


I had to stop off at Sunbirds for mom. Sent a photo to my brother, then went to the Thrift shop that was around the corner. I couldn't believe this beautiful cross stitch was for sale for $2.99! It was well done and has been signed. I really was shocked! Makes me wonder what mine would be worth if my kids get rid of them. I now I do stuff they don't like, so I'm sure most of my stuff will be in the trash or sent to good will. Oh, well. At least I enjoy doing the work.

Came home and decided to work on the birds.


I want to try and get this done. So I worked on the feather and the feed on the shelf.


Patrick liked the tail feathers. He wanted to have the arrows. I'm not sure how I like them, but I do.

I worked on laundry (which reminds me to get back to laundry).

Life is good. I'm getting stuff done even when it feels like I'm not. I'm happy to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...