Wednesday, November 22, 2017

An Interesting Day Before Thanksgiving

Usually today is prep day. But this year we are going to my parents for Thanksgiving because dad wanted to do the turkey. I'll miss not doing a turkey this year. I really wanted to have the turkey here, but wanted to keep dad happy too. I just hope my folks don't cook the why they have lately. They tend to take the lazy way of cooking. So, not sure how it's going to go tomorrow. Hopefully dad will put the turkey in early....but they tend to wait and do other things first. We will see!

So, this morning I worked on the "books." I balanced our checkbook and GGW's checkbook. Paid a couple bills. Just kept busy and let Katt watch TV since she doesn't have TV at her place. Costs too much for her.

Patrick got home. The afternoon was filled with playing a game with both of them. It was fun, and of course Katt won. She's always good at winning.


I roasted some cauliflower and it was AWESOME! I ate most of it! It was so good.


Then I made gyoza's for them and me. I made theirs different then mine because Katt doesn't like ground Turkey. I couldn't have ground beef, so I made mine with turkey and they got beef. Katt got the carrots and potatoes grated and I did the rest. I chopped up a lot of veggies for mine and added the turkey. They turned out really good! I really liked them better than the ones they got. I steamed mine while I deep fried theirs. I love the taste of mine better. lol 


Got back to working on my cross stitch. I have part of the hair done. I will be working on the knee next and then work my way backup again. It's getting closer to being done. I think it's coming along great. I just need to sit down and work on it. 

I went looking for my Janlynn Sampler Cat that I needed for all four seasons. I needed Winter and Spring. I did the summer one, and have the Autumn one. When I was looking, it was getting hard to find. Then to my SHOCK - they were selling the kits for $80 and up!! I found someone on eBay that was selling them for $21 and I bought both of them for that cost. I didn't want to pay $126 for the kit. I'm in shock that a kit would go for that much! I do like the Janlynn kits. I really wanted to have the four seasons so I could exchange them through the year. I may start the next one after the first of the year. 

After supper Katt and I worked on a pecan pie. I did the crust and she did the pie. It looks great. We only did that because mom said they got pumpkin pie at Costco and apple pie. Patrick told them he wanted cherry or pecan pie. So, they didn't get what he wanted. This way he got his pie and we won't take it along. 

Not sure what I'll be able to do tomorrow because I'm doing the rolls and the sweet potatoes. Then off to the folks. 

Life is good, and life is full of surprises. I'm enjoying life by being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...