Monday, November 20, 2017

Meeting Day And So Much More!

This morning I was up and going. I had breakfast with Katt. Then off to Cherrill's. She wasn't going to the meeting because she had a lot she wanted to do. So, I headed over to our meeting.



We had a good meeting. Only 5 of us made it, but that's understandable. We decided to have a Christmas meeting at my house on the 18th with potluck. Should be fun! We were talking about having an exchange. Not sure if everyone is for that, but I think that would be awesome.


I bought this from a gal that makes them. It's a pincushion that is wool. I got this for mom for Christmas.


I also got this one! I love this mouse!! It's all wool. The gal did an awesome job on it. I have Sandy's with me too. I can't wait to give her her mouse! After she made ours she decided it would be more then $20 next time. I just love this!

On my way home, Katt texted and asked if I still wanted to go to "Mr. J's" food stand. I said yes and we decided she'd meet me back home. After her shopping she came home. Patrick was home and he wanted to go along for a burger too. We got there are realized they changed it to a BBQ stand. It used to have the best burgers in town! So, we went to another one that was close to where I used to work 30 years ago. It was EXPENSIVE! We got our burgers and I think Katt was disappointed she didn't get the fries she would have at Mr. J's.

Came back home. We all worked on rolling the Bon Bon's that we make when Katt's around. They are her favorite Christmas candies that we make. We haven't made them in about 3 years, so I was game. She's taking half the batch home with her. She was eating the Bon Bon's as we were rolling them. Tomorrow we will dip them in chocolate.


After we got back and the Seahawk game was on, I worked on my Mirabilia piece. I like the way it's coming. I had changed the hair a little to add the red in the brown. I like how it turned out. I really wasn't sure if I would, but looking at the photo, it doesn't look bad at all. I'm getting closer to getting the cross stitching done and then I can move on to the beads. That is going to take some time as there are a TON of beads on this piece.

I tried to make some caramel nuts but it didn't turn out. The nuts are more sugar then caramel. Not sure what I did wrong. Probably didn't let it cook long enough or I cooked it too long?!? Not sure what the heck I did wrong. Patrick read the instructions and said I did it right, so guess that's not something I'll be able to make in the future. Maybe I'll work on it.

I'm enjoying Katt's cat, Harley. She's a kick. She's not a "lovy, dovy" cat, but she's fun to have around. I'll miss her when she goes. As much as I will miss my daughter.

Life is so unpredictable, so I'm going with the flow today. Whatever the day brought, I was game. I was thrilled to be able to work on more than one piece today. Which leaves me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!




No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...