Sunday, December 3, 2017

A Day Of Shopping And Cooking

This morning I was up early. Nothing new there!

We got up and headed to Safeway before the church crowd arrived. We got a few things that we needed plus a few things we didn't. lol

Came home and I started working on my Scandinavian Bread. I love this recipe. It's Almonds with some cream in the mix. It's all from scratch so it took awhile to work on it, plus it cooked for 50 mins or more.


This is really, really good! It came out great. I'll probably make another one. I've got to have some stuff for Patrick's work and the group that will be coming over in 2 weeks.

While I was waiting on this to cook, I helped Patrick wrap some gifts. We have a couple boxes that need to go out in the mail. Katt's getting her package and dad W is getting a package. We took care of all the others. Phil and Emily's gifts arrived and the gifts I bought before November were pulled out and wrapped as well. Now, I just need to get Patrick's gifts and then we're done!

I then pulled the chocolate from the bonbons out and melted it.


Started a batch of pretzels with chocolate. I'll do the white chocolate tomorrow. We had to go to Michael's to get the white chocolate just before bowling.

I ordered some more wool felt for another needle case. I need to make one for the quilt group's Christmas exchange.

We had bowling tonight and I bowled a 169, 181, 133 - yep, a 133. Tied with Joanne on that one! We won 3 games and the other team was missing two members! Go figure. Nick bowled a 289 with 10 strikes in a row. I seriously need to work on bowling better on Sundays!!

It's been a good productive day. I can't say I didn't work on my cross stitch because I was able to put about 40 stitches in. I'm working on it when I can. I need to look for some of my grandmother's projects to put on Instagram for a friend. I need to work on that tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be busy but the good news is that I will be working on my Brazilian embroidery since we have our meeting tomorrow. Can't wait to see how much I get done!

Life is good - Loving this Holiday season! Hoping I can get something done by the end of the year. We can hope - we can stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...