Thursday, December 7, 2017

Another Planned Day That DIDN'T Happen........

Okay, how many times have I said - I shouldn't bother planning my days?! Well, today was one of those days. I've been going non-stop all week. I wanted to enjoy the day to myself and then go get my message. That's what I wanted to do.....did it happen?! NOPE.

I went to Cherrill's to help her out. Left shortly after getting there, because I was a little behind anyway. Came home and figured I had a couple hours before going to my message around 12:30 pm. I was okay with that. It was only 9:30 am, so I was just about ready to go downstairs and start on my stuff again.....

Phone Rang! It was mom. She asked if I had quilting today, said, "no, why?" Well, she needed me to come over and help with her Remote control. She said, I didn't have to come over today, but could come over tomorrow then. NOPE! I told her I had my message therapy at 12:30, and would be over before to help her out. UGH

Decided to leave at 10:30 am because I know mom. She usually has something else for me as well. I took back her star top that she started to make for David S., an old neighbor. She decided she will finish it and have it quilted for him. I said, "good idea." I tried to fix the remote for her netflix and that wasn't going to happen. The Remove was the wrong one! I called Comcast to have them get another one, but the guy that was supposed to be helping, couldn't figure it out and put in a "ticket." So, he's supposed to call back in 1 hours. No Such Luck! Didn't happen.

Now, while I was there, mom had me check on something else. She was going through some of her stuff as well, and had a pile she was going to give to the quilt show. Then asked me if I wanted any of it, and my answer was, "no, thank you." I then left for my message.

Just before I am leaving, realized I forgot the check book!! So, mom wrote a check for my co-pay. I couldn't believe it, but she insisted. I asked my therapist to send me a bill for the rest of what I owe. After message was over - 1:30 pm, I headed home. I was going to stop and get a few gift cards, but I didn't have lunch, so I decided to just come home and get lunch. I can get the gift cards later.

Got home, and my cell phone rang........I went to "ignore" it and it blocked up!  I could not shut if off, nor could I change pages. UGH!! I plugged it in, NOTHING! So, I called Patrick and asked if I needed to take it apart and put my sim card back in.....he said to just leave it and he'd take care of it. I did.

I had to make a couple phone calls - of course! The cell phone wasn't working and I wouldn't need it otherwise! So, I took the landline phone and made my first call. That started making peeping noises. Hung it up, then got the other phone and called the other number......at least I thought I did. DEAD! I checked the phone I used first - DEAD! I had to go downstairs and get the phone from down there! It was half full! So, then I could make my phone call. Now we are looking at 3:30 pm!

I decided I needed to bake some stuff for Christmas cookies. So, I did a Chocolate Oats Bar. It luckily came out! But wait!! I had to bake Patrick's fries! Oh, crap! Dinner was going to be late. Big deal...not really.

Got dinner done, had laundry going, and then I realized I needed to get the bills out for our water group. New neighbors so had to add them to the billing. After fixing my lists, printing the bills, and even getting them ready to mail! YEA! That is done.

Now it's almost 8 pm and I haven't done one thing I had planned to do today. Not one thing! I haven't touched my quilt or my cross stitch in three days - WITHDRAWAL! I'm looking at my piles and thinking I need to clean up my station around my chair. UGH - MORE CLEANING!  Oh, well.

It's been a weird day. I have all day to myself tomorrow - except for going  to Cherrill's. I have been waiting for this day for a long time! I'm hoping, praying, hoping - there won't be something that someone can find for me to do! I want to hide all day tomorrow. Patrick asked me what I had planned for tomorrow, and I said, "why??"  He laughed and said, "just wondering." Okay, so, I told him, "I am going to take the day to myself." Then he said, "Make sure you don't answer the phone." Oh, how I hope I can be so lucky!

Life is good, Life is comical, and Life is life. I'm dreaming of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...