Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Forgot About Bowling Tonight......

This morning I was up and heading over to Cherrill's to take her to Costco this morning. I arrived and we were on our way. Got the Costco and she wanted to look around after she got the gifts she was looking for. So, we walked around and found a few things more. I didn't buy anything because Patrick and I had already went on Saturday.

After Costco, Cherrill wanted to go out for lunch. So, we headed to "Sweet Inspirations" for lunch. We got the special - chicken salad sandwich. It turned out really good. We chatted and had a good time. Then we headed back to the house.

Once we got home, I came back to the house and turned the heater on on the fireplace. I spent a good 2 1/2 hours down there cleaning my craft room - at least it was a start - the craft room has a long way to go!


The counter started out looking like this!


I then opened up my cabinet and I pulled everything out! This was my first area that was going to get organized. I have plenty of stuff to organize and it doesn't end here!


Had two full bags of yarn! Some that Ruth gave me and some I had.


I was thrilled to see the difference! I had all the embroidery stuff in the top shelf, fabric for cross stitch and stuff for the sewing machine, in the second shelf. Bottom shelf has some batting for projects. My yarn filled in the other side.


In that pile of stuff, I found this quit top! It's 80% quilted. Couldn't believe I had that much done! I need to finish this up!! So, I'll be quilting this after I get Katt's Black and White quilted.


This is the back of it. I'm not sure what I'll be binding it with, since I don't have that fabric any more  - at least I don't think I do. My fabric stash is the next cabinet that will get organized and I'll probably get rid of some fabrics as well.


Here's the front view of the quilting. I noticed it has a couple stain, but what doesn't when it get put in a cabinet! Who knows how it got there. Let alone when it happened.


I filled this much for giving away. I will take this and more to mom's when I'm done. That will go to the quilt show to be sold. I'm okay with that!


This is the next cabinet to be worked on. All those are quilt tops. I'll see how that goes. Chances are I will keep all the tops. That's fine, I just need to get them ready to quilt!


I found the cross stitch I had thought I threw away! Now I have one more cross stitch to finish. I'm almost as bad as I was with quilting! I have three or four pieces now that need to finish! Oh, crap, now I'm back to feeling like I need to get stuff done!! UGH

Patrick got home and I was taking my time getting supper started. Then he reminded me we had bowling tonight. UGH  I actually was looking forward to sitting down and cross stitching.

We arrived at bowling a little early and paid for the month. We were in 1st place till we bowled the 2nd place team. Now we flip flopped. I bowled a 158, 220, 146. We won the first place. The 220 game we lost by 7 pins. That was with 2 of us bowling a 200 game!! They bowled 2 - 200 games as well. The last game we were ahead for a short time and then they beat us in the 10th frame. Oh, well, we can try and get back up to first place next week.

Life is good! Busy - but good! I'm getting there - Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...