Sunday, December 17, 2017

Getting Ready for Our Christmas Party

Today I slept till about 9 am, since I didn't get to sleep till 1 am this morning. I woke with my legs feeling weird and having to get up to stop them from feeling that way.

I relaxed till Patrick got up. Teri came over and gave us some smoke salmon and brie cheese. We prepped it for our potluck tonight.

Then we went through the boxes downstairs to pull out my Christmas mugs, glasses, and dishes for tomorrow.


We got it all ready on the counter.

I ironed the table cloth.


Now I'm all set for everyone to come! I can't wait to see what everyone is bringing. Sandy is doing some smoked turkey. I have plates and stuff for 8, but thinking we may have more. I'm kinda hoping it won't be more than what I have but we'll go from there if it is. I need to sew one more bag in the morning so that I can do one more gift.

We had bowling tonight. I bowled a 172, 148, 183. We bowled okay, and surprisingly we on all 4 games. The one bowler on the other team was having problems and his average is more than mine. He did get a 212 but the other games were around 150's. Patrick bowled better than I did - no surprise there. I did beat my whole team on the 3rd game.

I worked on my letters this afternoon, since I cleaned up my table by my chair. Need to make the house look nice for company. So, I put the cross stitch and the quilting away for now. I'll pull them back out tomorrow. I added letters from my mother's Uncle. I had a hard time doing those letters, because I know he "borrowed" money that he never paid back. The letter I did was saying how he was upset with my grandmother and grandfather. They raised him, so not sure why he felt the way he did, and then to say he loved them. He couldn't make up his own mind.

Life is good, we're still keeping busy. We're all Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...