Sunday, December 24, 2017

Happy Christmas EVE!

Today was a day for Patrick and I to enjoy each other. We didn't have anything scheduled. We had a couple things we were going to do, and just realized we didn't. lol

We watched bowling this morning. Then Patrick's dad called. Patrick and him talked a while. Then Katt called and we had a good chat with her. We ere talking about where to go for vacation next year so she would go along. We came up with some ideas. She's doing okay. She told Patrick that they are having grief counselors come on Tuesday. Patrick advised her to go. The company has been really good to the family. They have even been checking up on her. She's strong, and I know that. I just wish I could give her one heck of a hug right now!

As the day went on, it snowed.


We started with a little.


Then a little more.


And even more. It was still snowing when the sun went down. So, for the first time in 11 years, we have a WHITE CHRISTMAS!

We watched 3 Christmas movies today! It was great! While we were doing that, I was stitching. Having and getting a lot done!!


I was able to get a lot done on my cross stitch! I'm really pleased with her.


As I was working on her, I realized I put the wrong color in the hair. The "purple" area is not supposed to be there. After I realized what I did wrong, I asked Patrick if it would be a problem or if I should take it out. He said no, one can't tell the difference. Just looks like  ribbon in the hair. So, I'm going to keep it in. I like the way it came out. I did fix the rest with the correct color. I really don't have much more to do on her. Just need the time to do it.

After supper, and getting cinnamon rolls ready for tomorrow, we decided to open our gifts. Patrick got me a NEW laptop!! I couldn't believe it.! He also got me a cross stitch kit to do. I'm in heaven. Katt gave me pots and pans, 2 Minnie Mouse ornaments (guess they were recalled but I love them!), and one other thing. I loved this year! It was one of my best ones yet, and we will be sharing with Phil and Emily tomorrow. After that it will be with my parents. It's headed for a big day.

Life is good, we all are in good spirits and that's what Christmas is all about, Family, Friends and joy for those we love! May you all have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! Stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...