Monday, December 11, 2017

Okay, Think I'm Done With Cleaning!

This morning I got a call from Cherry that she didn't need me. So, I heated up the downstairs and went down to clean.....


This is were I started today. I cleaned out the cabinets on the other side of this counter. I really didn't want to but I did. I know I needed to and I was hoping among hope that there wasn't another project in there I completely forgot about. The good news is that there wasn't, but there was my basket blocks, and a quilt pattern with all the fabrics that I want to use for it. PLUS there was the Christmas quilt that mom made. The one that I bought all the fabric and patterns as a BOM. It's all there in one box as well. So, they both went back in the cabinet. I did go through some books and added them to the box.


This is where the box was before I started.


And this is what I added. The box is HUGE and when I told Patrick it was ready to go, he went down and came back up to say it was too big and heavy to carry. So, we'll get a couple smaller boxes and fill those up. Amazing at how much I'm getting rid of. But then again, it feels good to have less. I'm one of those people that less is more. I don't want to keep stuff I won't use. Plus if we move, I'll at least have a head start. AND I'm now ready to call it quits when it comes to cleaning more down there. I found things to finish, and will do that too.


By the time I was done, my room looked better. It felt better as well. I'm happy with what I've done. Who knows, I'll probably add more later. I still have the big drawer that has scraps. I need to cut them up into squares. I may do that yet!

I came back up and worked on the computer to get a few more names added to the family tree. I worked on my genealogy but this time worked on Patrick's side of the family.

Then I did my flosstube video. I posted it. I really didn't have the time to review my video and will probably regret it. But I haven't put one out there for 2 months.


After supper, Patrick and I worked on the sugar cookies. Patrick helped with the decorations as well as cutting them. We got them done. Patrick got all the cookies together and put them in a dish for his pot luck tomorrow.

Then I had to write my Christmas letter for everyone. We haven't done that in a couple years, so I'm sending it to Patrick to review tomorrow at work. He'll change it all up and I'm okay with that.

I'm hoping to get a few stitches in on quilting or cross stitch. May be quilting tonight since I did the cross stitch Saturday.....who knows.....we'll see how it goes.

Life is good, Life is life. I'm still dreaming of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...