Friday, December 22, 2017

Productive Day And A Sad Day

This morning I was up as usual. It felt good to have that extra time to myself. I worked on a couple games and then made sure I worked on something today.

I got my stuff out to work on the needle case I need to have for our Thursday dessert party. We are exchanging something made. I think that's awesome. So, I pulled out my BE floss and embroidered without a pattern. I just wanted to get moving and decided I didn't need to have a pattern.


I think this is okay. I like the way it turned out. It really didn't take very long to do. I put my mark on the bottom part of the stem.

Patrick got home and we were getting ready to eat when Katt called. She was at an accident waiting. One of her employees left for home about an hour before, they said their "Merry Christmas' " to each other and he left. She was called to the accident where he was deceased. He hadn't been removed when she arrived. She was doing okay, but she had to do the work of saying what happened. Patrick said she was doing okay, but I feel for her and the family of the one who died. She had a good crew, so I know this is affecting her and she's going to need that down time. Patrick and I even got a little emotional that she had to go through this, but not only that, that a family lost their child today. Just before Christmas, they lost a loved one. It hits home. It could have been her. Maybe, maybe not. This is the time for joy, not sadness. Yet that's what it ended up being today. To loose someone so young!

I have been working on my cross stitch again today.....WOO HOO!


The hands are coming together. Then the neck and face!! It's coming along.

So, while I wait for Katt to text that she's home, I will keep busy working on this piece. I want so much to hug that daughter of mine, but she's way to far away. If I could get on a plane, I would. I know she will be fine. She's seen more friends die than I ever did in my first 40 years of life.

This weekend will be a weekend of movies, shopping, and Gift giving. Life is good, Life can be sad, but Life is Life and we can't change our destiny. I can keep enjoying my craft by being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...