Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Run, Run, Run....Busy Day

This morning I was up and over to Cherrill's to help her out with her socks.

Got back home to head out to Olympia. The fog was in today, so it wasn't my favorite time to be heading to Olympia. Got to the meeting early and gave Karla the quilt top with the eagles. She really liked what I did. It will probably be done by the next meeting. We talked about what all went on last month with giving the quilts out to the Vets. We have at least 30 quilts that are listed for next year, so we all need to get more quilts done for the others. One of the gals that wanted a quilt for her husband let Patti know he passed away. The church ended up giving him his quilt. We all felt bad about that, but we've been over whelmed with all the quilts we needed. We do one quilt a month for the Vet's court order. We had a really good meeting. Karla loved the half square triangles that mom did for her. She game me some more fabrics to take to mom. LOL

After the meeting, I met up with my son. Phil and I had a good lunch and we chatted. More like we used to chat. It felt good  talk to him. We had a really good time and the lunch was just as good.

Then I headed back toward home. I needed to stop off at Whalen Quilt Works.I had some floss to pick up that she ordered for me. I took the list of floss that we were out of, so she put that list on her buying list. She's really getting a lot in. I'm always buying some floss! I picked up some for gifts as well.

Next on my list was to go to Billy's Designer Fabrics downtown. I wanted some heavy duty fabric to make project bags. I'll give those away depending on how many I get done. I have it all in mind, just waiting on my zippers right now. Once those are in, I'm good to go.

By this time, the gas was low, so had to stop and get gas. I then started to come home. Got stuck in line to be driving down Jackson Hwy. They were stripping the road. I sat waiting to move for about 10 mins. I wasn't too much in a hurry, so no worries. By the time I got home it was about 2:30 pm. Not bad for all the stuff I needed to do.


Got more done in the hair last night. I have the purple ribbon going as well. It's coming along great. I'm liking it. I also got some quilting done last night. So, last night was a good night.

As for tonight, not sure what I'll get done. I'm hoping to get more of Andromeda done. I really do want to get her done before the year is out. So, I'll probably work on her.

Tomorrow I'm having to  take Cherrill to Costco. So, not sure what tomorrow will bring. I know I want to go through my craft/sewing room and get rid of some stuff. I have way too much down there and half of it I don't use or don't even think about. I'll see how it goes....

Life is good, and I'm still moving along. Life can be easy - but what good would that be?! I'm looking forward to being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...