Wednesday, January 10, 2018

A Trip To Tacoma And Back

This morning started out early. We were on the road to Tacoma by 8:30 am to be at my appointment at 10:30 am. The traffic wasn't bad, so we made it with 45 mins to spare.

I had an appointment for a Biopsy on my Thyroid. I wasn't too worried. They were able to get me in early. The nurse explained the procedure and my brain was going - UGH. I hate needles. And this was done with needles. It took awhile with the process of getting me ready. They explained the procedure about 3 times and made sure I didn't have any questions. I figure the less I know the better. Then they put the first "numbing" needle in and that hurt! I was tight the whole time. You'd think I was getting my tooth pulled. But nope, I loosened up. Half way through, I felt weird and light headed. So, after the procedure, I had to wait a good 20 minutes before I could get up. I felt weird, but that's normal for me. I used to pass out when needles where used. So, this kinda, didn't surprise me.

We had to good trip back. But I can't bowl today! We got home and I worked on my cross stitch - the bead didn't show up today....UGH!


I worked on this while waiting in Tacoma, and then again when we got home. We watched a James Stewart movie. I really enjoyed it, and couldn't remember seeing it. I thought I had seen all his movies, but guess not. 

I'm not real pleased with this piece. I had to rip out some of my work. It's just not looking as good as I would like. It will be interesting to see how much of this I get done. I'm hoping it will work out fine. 

We went bowling. We stopped at Sears on the way. I bought a shirt and it didn't cost me anything because I used the money that was on our card. Sears is closing here in town as well as Kmart. I will miss Kmart but then we don't shop much anymore. 

Got to the bowling alley and everyone was having fun. There were two teams that didn't show up, guess they pre-bowled. The other team we bowled had one person on "blind" so it balanced my "blind" spot. Patrick bowled a 600 series again. They won three of the four games. We got done fast (I know I keep saying "we" but it's "they" since I couldn't bowl). 

So, now I'm hoping after all this, that we can get a few things figured out. I'll be waiting to hear how the biopsy goes. 

In the meantime, I'm planning on being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...