Monday, January 1, 2018

Enjoying New Years Eve

It started out later then usual. I slept in. Seems to be what I've been able to do lately, but then when I don't get to sleep till midnight, then in does make since I won't get up early.

Went to Cherrills about 9:20 am. About a half hour later then usual. She's doing good with her socks, and the swelling is down compared to what it used to be.

Came home and worked on my cross stitching. As well as laundry. We weren't due to Nick and Joanne's till 5 pm. So, while I was stitching Patrick was doing odd things around the house. I decided we could go ahead and take the tree down. Which is what we did. Put all the ornaments away, and packed up a couple things. The decided that was enough for today and went back to cross stitching. I really did want to have Ambrosia done by today, but that wasn't going to work out. IF we had stayed home more yesterday, I might have actually done that. No such luck.


She was looking good this morning. I started to do the beading. I'm doing both the backstitching and bead as I work my way down. Decided that would be easier than doing all the backstitching and then going back to do the beading. That way I can move my scroll without having to go back and do it again.


Here's a closer look.



By the time we left, I had this much done. Two different color beads where added to the hair and hair piece. I like the way they shine. This is going to take some time and I know I have a few more cross stitches to put in this piece. I'll do them when I get to that part. They are the Krienk floss areas. I found I do like the thread I ordered for the beading. It works wonders. Plus I found my applique needles are perfect for beading. 

We left and had supper at Pizza Hut with Nick and Joanne. I was not impressed with their changing of the pizza. We then went to their place and played "Mexican Train." Joanne won the first game and Nick won the second game. We called it a night at 11:45 pm and headed home. - Hence the late night posting. 

We had a great time with friends, and enjoyed the evening. 

Here's wishing you and yours an awesome New Year! 

Do you do any stitching for New Year's Eve? Would love to hear from you! 

Happy New Year and stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...