Thursday, January 11, 2018

Relaxing For The Day

Today I was up and ready to go to Cherrill's. She called and told me not to worry about it, since the weather was pouring rain. I tried to figure out what I would do, so I did laundry and a few other things.

I worked a little on the family history. Then I worked on the the minutes of our meeting from Tuesday. I sent that off to Patrick so he can fix it and get it ready to be mailed out to everyone.


I pulled out the quilt to work on and I watched the "Finding Your Roots" program. I enjoyed the show and got a lot of quilting done.


I'm going for the quickest way to get this quilted for Katt. Otherwise it will be awhile before she gets her quilt. (laughing)

I did have some trouble with tension because the basting was in the way. It's easy to fix by cutting the basting and tightening the tension. So far so good.


I was working on the crossing part of the quilting. It looks like squares but is actually on point. It's coming along. I got more done then I thought I would, since my beads arrived.

The good news is my beads arrived today. I looked up my other order from "The Stitchery" and it's still on the way. They shipped it on the 3rd and it's still not here. Even with FedEx. Go figure. Then Patrick reminded me that the New England states where under snow. Which took a few days to get things moving. Now it's in WY and who knows what's going on there. The website has the message about the CA fires and flood that are stalling orders. Funny part is that it wasn't going through CA that I know of.

Okay, tonight I'm going to try and finish up the beading. Wish me luck.

My neck still feels the "bruising" of my biopsy. So, I'm glad to have taken off the day and relaxed. I have a SAL that I signed up for that is one of the Ink Circle designs. It's being done by the designer of Ink Circles. So, I was trying to decide on a color and see what I had for the piece. I'm going to have to order some fabric for it. It's a big piece. Not sure what I want, but going to try and get an order for that tonight.

Back to being happy with life. Quilting at moms tomorrow. Missed the meeting today.

What has everyone been up to? Looking forward to being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...