Friday, January 12, 2018

Two Weeks Later - I Finally Finished It

Today started out early - nothing new there. Patrick took the day off, so that's something new. Went to Cherrill's and was back in time to get to moms in a good amount of time.

Headed out to moms for quilting. There was 7 of us today. It was good to see Nancy, since she was sick the last time. Judy was there too, and I love seeing her.

I took the quilt mom and I are working on. She asked about it, and wanted me to take it back over. So, I did.


I worked on the rabbit. I added the dark part of the ears, the face and noise. The I realized I missed the tail, so got that ready.


So, I cut out the tail and worked on that as well. I was able to get it put on the rabbit.


So, now he has a tail, but the photo seems to loose the tail. I may have to change that. I guess I'll wait and see what happens later. I brought home some browns for the squirrels and will work on those. Mom is going to work on the tree and leaves. I did have the raccoons ready to work on. The freezer paper is set with the pattern, and mom said she will do that. Knowing her, she'll get them done in no time. She's pretty much finished with the hummingbirds that she's doing for a baby quilt. She just started that a couple weeks ago. 

Came back home. I pulled out my cross stitch and wanted to finish the beading. I worked on some last night, since they arrived yesterday. I was thrilled to get my beads!! 



This is the right colors - 



This is a "flatter" photo, but because I had the red tablecloth under this, it shows through and makes it look red. Not too thrilled about that. I'll get a better photo of this tomorrow. Natural light is a lot better to work with. I just wanted to make sure you could see the finished piece. 

I like how she came out. Better than I thought. I did see a couple mistakes that I made, but they weren't so bad that I had to take them out. My dyslexia got in the way, I believe. 

Okay, I do have something to say about having dyslexia. I've lived with it all my life. I was teased for having it. People look at me as if I don't have a clue. If I tell someone how to do something they are asking about, they turn to another person for their view. Then they do what the other person says, and dismisses my ideas or thoughts. It's frustrating for me when that happens. It's like being in school and some kids laughing because I answered something wrong. OR they just ignore me. There is nothing more frustrating then being ignored. I'm not stupid, and in reality I may have a better solution then you or someone else. I hate it when I get looked at as if I'm nuts. I can figure out an easier ways of doing things, if one would listen to what I have to say. I just hate it when I'm talked down to....but then that's what has been done all my life. So, please, if you know someone who's dyslexic and they try to explain something to you, let them. Don't dismiss it, don't look at them like they are crazy, and PLEASE don't go to someone who you think knows the answer better than they do. You'd be surprised what we can do. 

Sorry, had to say that, it's happened to me more this week, and it's frustrating! 

May we all remember to be kind to others and be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching! 

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...