Sunday, February 18, 2018

An Awesome Day Of Stitching!

This morning when I woke up, it was snowing. We had a good amount on the ground. But by noon it was all gone. Then it snowed again, and was gone just as fast.

Today was a relaxing day for both of us. We watched a couple old movies. One with Ginger Rogers that was a murder movie. It was a slow movie. It wasn't bad, but it really wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

In the meantime, I worked on my January SAL.


I finished up the left side and started working on the right side.

This is closer to the true color. 
I was able to get most of it done by the time it was time to go to the bowling alley. I really like the way this is coming out. I'm only about 50 stitches away from having January done. I'll start Feb. tomorrow or the next day.

I stopped by Donna's on the way to bowling. She needed some of my black fabric. I also picked up her quilt blocks that I need to applique the circles on. I'll take a photo when I work on them. It's pretty easy. It's applique work, which I love to do, so I'm okay with this.

We bowled pretty good today - with a bad second game for all of us. We won 3 of the 4 games. We were in second place being 2 1/2 games out of first. Kim's team was in first but they lost all their games. So, we MAY get lucky enough to win the quarter. Next week will be the one that tells. I bowled a 193, 147, 184. I won't loose any pins on my average. I got 4 splits in the second game. Told Karl on the other team that he had to go first from then on because I was tired of getting splits, and he didn't need them either. Sure enough, that seemed to work. We both did a lot better.

Things are going along great. I'm getting closer to finishing stuff....at least in my dreams. Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...