Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Dad's Surgery Day

This morning dad was due to the hospital for his knee replacement at 5:45 am. I didn't go with them this morning. But I did meet up with mom later.

My day started off getting up early. Then I was out the door - on a icy day. We are still having snow and ice around here. Anyway, I met up with mom at their house.


We pulled out all the Hawaiian patterns that are bed size. We both wanted King size.


Of course Daisy had to get in on the planning stage too. She didn't like the idea of us working on something without her attention. So, we were moving her around to get to what we wanted.

After decided which ones we were going to do, we copied the pattern on paper and have it ready to pin on the fabrics. Mom needs to sew her pieces together, but mine is big enough that it won't have seams. I'm liking that idea already. The fabric I'm using you can see a little of in the top photo on the top right corner.

The doctor called around 11 am to say dad made it through surgery and was on his way to icu. He said we could go see him in about an hour. So, we finished up what we were doing. Then we went over to the hospital to be with dad. Poor guy couldn't keep his eyes open. So, we stayed a while and then I took mom back home.

Came home and just rested long enough for Patrick to come home. Then it was back to the hospital to see dad before heading to the bowling alley.

We had supper at the bowling alley. Then we bowled. It was "roll off" to see who got first place for the quarter. The team that was in first (just ahead of us) didn't show, so they forfeited the games. We took this quarter but since we took last quarter, the ones behind us are bowling for the quarter win. We are in the finals. We bowled pretty good. I didn't bowl that good though. I bowled a 185, 151, 141. Put my games in the toilet! I lost a point on my average. Patrick bowled a 599 and went up another 2 pins.

All in all a good day. I'll work on getting that Hawaiian quilt ready for applique. I really do want to get another one done. It will be a long process, but I really like the Hawaiian quilts.

Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...