Monday, February 19, 2018

Happy President's Day!

I still have a heard time with that. I was so used to Washington's Birthday and Lincoln's Birthday. All that changed because of MLK.

Today was a good day. Didn't get to sleep in. Went to Cherrill's and helped her out while Patrick slept. The came back to a message from mom asking if we wanted to come over for supper. We decided to go. Dad goes into the hospital Wednesday for his second knee operation. We'll see how that goes. We have quilting on Friday too, so not sure how that will work out. Told mom we can come home while dad's in the surgery and work on a Hawaiian quilt top. I want to do another Hawaiian quilt. We'll work on a pattern and get started on working on putting that together. It will be a couple days worth of work, but we can at least get started.


I'm done with January's part. With the exception of the bottom right. I'll get that done soon.


I like the way it's coming out. The flash lightens the blue, which makes it show up better. The true color of the fabric makes it dark. It's not as easy to see as the photos.

I will get moving on this. I want to get February done before the month is over. Which gives me a week. I should be able to do that.

We went to Les Schwab to get a battery for Patrick's truck. There was an hour wait. So, he'll have to do that later. Maybe at lunch time for work. Not that it matters, since he is management. But he doesn't like to do that. He's a true worker. Sometimes I think he's a work-a-holic.

Took a pattern book to mom. It was a quilt that we all were working on a few years ago. She found out that her book is missing. She thinks LouAnn might have taken it a few years back. We found out after she died that she took a lot of my mother's quilt patterns and books. Mom as been missing stuff for years. She was blaming me for taking some of her stuff and I swear I didn't take them. After LouAnn died - about 2 years - a box was given to my Thursday group to take whatever they needed or wanted. Found half the box was mom's patterns she'd been looking for, for years. She was shocked. I told her a long time ago that it could be LouAnn but she said, "LouAnn wouldn't do that." Well, she did. She took them when she took care of the animals. The part that ticks me off is that she helped herself and would take money from my folks for staying at the house. One time I went over and she asked me what the "H" I was doing there. Told her I was getting the folks car to borrow. She told me to get the key and get the "H" out of there. Boy, was I ticked. Called mom and dad and told them I didn't appreciate LouAnn telling me I had no reason to be there. All those years (30 years) of friendship with my mother, and she was stealing from her! I couldn't believe it. So, I had the book mom needed and took mine over to her.

We went to mom and dads. We played Mexican Train. I won! I won 5 levels in a row. Patrick was tired of that, so quit before we could get to "0."

Came home and now I'm going to get back to working on the cross stitch. Can't wait to see what I can get done. Loving the way it's coming out.

How was your weekend? Keep busy or gone all day? Hope you were Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...