Monday, March 5, 2018

A Day At Home

We decided to take today off. We all wanted to stay home and go back to the hospital tomorrow. Mom needed a break and so did we.

I got a little caught up on my cleaning. I washed several loads of laundry - amazing how much laundry one has after a week of being away from home. Then I mopped the floor and vacuumed. It really needed it. At first I wonder why there was so much dirt, but then I realized, we came home and left for a week. So, whatever we had on our shoes came in the house. At least now I'm okay with the floors.

Sandy came over and we went over the Seminar classes. We cut the bill in half. We decided we wouldn't do breakfasts, and we wouldn't go till Tuesday. We'll be leaving or coming home on Friday. So, we pretty much cut the time there in half. We didn't need to be there the whole time. I had an extra class that she didn't, but I really wanted to take the designing class. We will do three classes together and then Friday afternoon we have different classes.


I pulled out  my cross stitch and found I had the star in the wrong spot. So, that meant it was take out time! It took me a good hour to rip it all out, because I wanted to make sure I didn't cut some of the threads in the fabric.


So, this is where I am now. I wasn't too thrilled to find out I was off. The part I wanted to start working on, was about 2 to 3 stitches off. That meant I needed to take it out. At first I wasn't sure where the mistake was. I worked on the boarder and then worked my way inward and found that the center star piece was way off. I just hope taking all this out doesn't get me short on my floss when I'm getting close to being done. UGH

Dad's doing better and they are looking at putting him into a Rehab. They can't put him down there, but they asked mom where he could go. I'm hoping he can get into Olympia, if not, he's be here and the Rehab center here isn't that good. They don't work with patience as often, nor do they work on weekends. So, keeping my hopes up that he'll be in Olympia. But then what I think doesn't matter.

We're going to check out a quilt machine tomorrow. I'm thinking of buying one from a family members family. I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like and if it's something I can work with. It might get a few things done. I'll have to practice a lot on it before I do some of my quilts.

Do you have a long arm machine? This one is a sewing machine size, but long arm. Do you do any quilting on your machine?

That's going to keep me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...