Friday, March 16, 2018

Finally - A Good Day!

This morning I enjoyed a sleep in...till mom called at 8:30 am. Mom had just visited with her doctor. The doctor said dad is improving and that there didn't seem to be anything that would cause the sleeping. The doctor at Mother Joseph's is doing what she can and is doing what he would do. So, then she told them about dad's "playing" us. He seems to think that's what dad's doing. He wouldn't put it passed him. So, I guess dad's playing us as well as having trouble waking up.

So, I decided to enjoy the day by working on my cross stitch and watching more "Perry Mason" that I have recorded. I love watching him. I have more "Murdock Mysteries" as well. Oh, and I have some of the Australian ones as well. So, I did watch "Doctor Blake Mysteries" or something like that. I hadn't seen that one.


I was able to get a lot more done. I started around here today.


I finished up the bottom part under the deer. Then I went up to the upper area. I have been getting more done. I really like this piece. I'm not very close to finishing the February piece. I have March to work on as well.

We then went to Mother Joseph's to be at the meeting about dad. They had the social working, both therapists, and nurse there to go over his recovery. Mom, Patrick and I listened to what they had to say. Then they talked to dad, who had his head down and asking like he was tired. We talked about upping his med that keeps him awake. They asked if we could get a wheel chair for discharge, and I told dad, "Your not coming home in a wheel chair!" "Sorry, dad, be you can't come home in a wheel chair." He gave me a dirty look when I said that. But through the meeting he kept passing me that funny look, like he had been joking around. I kept my eyes on him the whole time. He knew what was going on. They told him he was going backwards, and that they couldn't figure out why. We told him he has to try or he won't be coming out of there. After the meeting mom talked to the nurse and social worker. They think his in depression, so they will work on that for him.

Came home. Patrick and I went out to eat - yet again. Then to Safeway for a few things. Once we got home, Patrick fell asleep and I worked more on the cross stitch. We are watching "Perry Mason" now. I'm really surprised Patrick turned that on. Didn't think he liked those shows.

Now, I'm going to get back to stitching. Sunday we are going back down to Vancouver to pick up a quilt machine. I'm looking forward to getting it. It may come in handy to get a few quilt tops done. I'll practice before I even do any quilting on my big quilt tops.

How are all of you doing? Anything new - that you might have seen? Any fun?

Keep stitching and stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...