Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Happy Birthday, Katt!!

Today is my daughter, Katt's Birthday. Happy Birthday to a very dear and wonderful daughter! May she have an Awesome Day!!

I was up early and out the door. Stopped and got a drink, and headed to the quilt shop to teach my beginning Brazilian embroidery class. Two of the gals cancelled because they were sick. One gal had to cancel due to a death in the family. So, I have Cil for a student. We did a one on one teaching. It worked out great for both of us, because I got to think of how teaching would work on this project. I thought they could get it done in the day, but with working with Cil, realized it wouldn't get done in a day. BUT I did realize that what I taught is enough to give them the tools to finish their pieces at home. I had a "doodle cloth" that I gave her, and we practiced on the rose, rose bud, and the leaf. 


I picked up some floss that they had, that I didn't. There is more there that I don't have, so I'm in happy land!! Pretty much my class paid for the floss, but I loved the colors and decided to pick them up. 

While I waited in the car for Kathy to show up, I worked on the flower on the handle. I was able to get the first one started. 


It actually turned out pretty good. I like the way it looks, but I realized I need to pay attention to the last stitch and where I end it. 

Came home and got laundry going again. Then it was time to go bowling. I bowled a 191, 194, 157. I actually got my average up after the two games, and the third game dropped it back to what it was. UGH! We won three game, and the other team wasn't there. They pre-bowled. 

Keep going and Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...