Friday, April 20, 2018

A Day Of Quilting With Friends

Today I was up - or at least worked at getting up. My back was killing me all night. Had Patrick put some rub on my back before he left this morning. He left me his back brace and I put that on as well. Can't believe how bad my back got! Just for walking and bowling on Wednesday. I'm hoping it gets better by Sunday.

Went to moms and I found 3 cars already there - and I arrived at 9:30 am! Sure enough there were thee of them there. I ended up on the couch. Wasn't easy quilting on my quilt there, but most of mom's quilters don't like giving up their chairs. So, I had to sit straight and try to quilt with my back hurting.

Martha - who worked with my dad - came to our meeting. She'd been away for about 2 years. She decided she'd start coming back (had heart surgery and isn't doing good). When she came in, I gave her a hug and started getting teary eyed. She game mom a hug and they both cried. Then I found out, her oldest son (my age), passed away on Wednesday. He was a truck driver and was filling up the truck when he "keeled over." She wasn't sure where though. Guess this isn't going to be a good year.


I was surprised by the end of the day how much I actually got done. The quilting is coming along great. I think I'm about 1/8 to 1/4th done. It's simple quilting, and it doesn't look too bad.

Patrick came over to the house after work. He helped mom with the paperwork she had to do. Then we had supper. After supper we came home.

Who knows, Katt's quilt might actually get done by Christmas! I decided that when I have quilting at the groups, I'm going to quilt on this. Every little bit helps. Katt might even be surprised at what I've been doing. May enjoy surprising her! Can't wait.

Life is life. Things happen. AND we keep moving on. Like dad always told me, "life goes on, even if we don't."

On a happier note - did any of you get a lot of quilting done today? Enjoy quilting with friend? Would love to hear about it.

Best wishes and Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...