Friday, April 6, 2018

A Day Of Quilting!

Today I was up with Patrick and on my way to drop him off at work. Then I was off to moms. I picked up a couple Egg McMuffins. I forgot how much I HATE those. Then I was at moms by 7:45 am. I had to do that, because we were bringing back her van to get it ready to sell.

Mom got up as I was getting a few things done. I fixed her tea and then gave her breakfast. She was getting things ready for the quilters to come. I wanted to make some bread, but she didn't have flour. I ended up going to Safeway to pick up some bread, flours and coffee. My brothers all drank all the coffee in the house. Since dads not around, there wasn't anyone to get more, so I picked it up.

The quilters came in around 9:45 am. For a little bit, I was wondering if any of them were coming. We had 8 of us there. It was a good turn out.


I got a few more stitches in on Katt's quilt. I really needed to get it moving. Every little bit helps, and who knows, I might actually get it done by Christmas....I can dream.

After everyone left, mom and I worked on the Quilt of Valor projects.


This is as far as we got on the panel. It should be done here pretty soon, but then I'm not going to see mom this weekend. So, I'm not sure when we will finish this. 


Mom was working on the nine patches. I cut was cutting the squares. When she gives me all the blocks she's done, I'll figure out how to put them into a quilt. Should be fun. 


We were trying to get rid of the small pieces we have. There are a lot of small QOV fabric pieces. 


We've been getting a lot done today. Even though it was only about 2 hours of work. Mom has these pieces ironed and now she just needs to set them to nine patches. 

At 4 pm I went to pick Patrick up and brought him over to moms. We cooked supper and the neighbor lady came over to eat with us as well. We left, bringing the van back with us. Patrick suggested that we buy the van from mom. I'm not sure if I want to, but it would give us more time to look for another car/suv. I'll think about it. I'll be driving it while my car is in the shop. 

Now I'm finally home...feels great! I need to get back to working on projects. Watching a movie and quilting sounds great right now.....

Keep up the fun and stay Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!




No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...