Friday, April 13, 2018

Enjoying Quilting With Mom

Today I was up early. I actually went to moms about 9:30 am. As I was on my way, she called to tell me she'd been sewing already. Told her I was almost there.

I arrived to find her sewing more blocks together. She's really been getting a lot of blocks done for me. I'm amazed at what she's getting done.


She's been putting them in a bag as she gets them done. There are about 3 different ones in this bag. It will be fun putting them together when they are all ready to sew together. 


This was what we were working on. We got the blue and white border done. Then it was trying to decide what we needed for the last border. 

But first Patrick showed up and we went to Costco. Mom wanted to organize her pantry, so we went to get some containers for her. She picked up some containers and few other things. We picked up some meat. It went very quick! Surprised Patrick at how fast we went through the store. Then mom treated us to dinner on the way home. 

Patrick went on home and I stayed another hour to try and finish up the quilt top. 


We got it done! It turned out better than I thought! It's the right size and that will be one quilt done! I just need to let Judy know I have a top to be quilted. I'll get the back and batting from her and then get it up to Sharon's other half to get it quilted. Once that is done, I'll do the binding and then get it in the stack of finished quilts they can give away. 

Hopefully I can get another one done to have done as well. 2 would be nice to have finished. 

Now I'm back home, and I want to get a few things entered on my family history. Hopefully tomorrow we will be "resting" and not running around. If that happens then I can get quilting or cross stitching. Maybe both! We can hope! 

May we all be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...