Tuesday, April 17, 2018

It Was A "My Day" Day

Yep, today was my day! I got up when I felt like it, I did what I felt like. It was awesome!

It started out with a visit with Cherrill. That was about an hour. We talked about this and that. I came back home and started working on vacuuming, laundry (which got started but never did get finished), as well as a few other things.

After that got started, I turned the fireplace on downstairs. Yep, the fireplace was on!


It poured rain for a good hour. It was cold out side for awhile, so the fireplace was nice to have on down there. 


Back to cleaning up the downstairs!


A mess! But it needed to be done. I kept "piling" on the counter while dad was in the hospital. Good excuse! Truthfully, I have a bad habit of "piling on" my stuff. The end table next to my chair is just as bad sometimes. 

I cleaned the top up, and found my mother-in-law's table runner that needed the border done. I even cut a few pieces of fabric for zipper bags that I'm going to make. I'll try and sell a couple of them at the Seminar. I really need to sit down and do that. At least I have the fabric cut for it. Just need to take an afternoon and do it. 


So, my sewing table got more stuff on it after I cut the fabrics. At least it all right there. I need to find a box to put the parts of the quilting machine in, and put that out in the garage, till I'm ready to start quilting. I really don't think I want to do that right now. I have plenty of stuff I need to do right now. I did take a few things and get them ready to take to mom. Those can be sold at the quilt show next week. 


At least the counter is cleaned up. I have a few 9 patches that are my scrap quilt pieces. I need to put all that together as well. I'll try and work on that this year. Time will tell. 


Brought back the box of QOV fabrics. Mom did a lot of 4 patches and 9 patches, so I need to take them out and see what I can come up with for a quilt. I'll work on it one of these days. 


I have a cool view out my window, and had to go and take a few pictures of the spring blooms. 


Plenty of tulips coming up. 

Then I came in the house and worked on mom's table runner. 


So I started working on the binding. 


She had the binding coming from the back. I started stitching it down and realized she only had 2/3 of it quilted. I asked Patrick if he wanted me to finish with the quilting, and he said yes. I was surprised, I was willing to just let it be the way she left it. So, when the binding is done, I'll go around and try to match what she did for the quilting. She did a lot of "in the ditch" quilting and I really don't do that. But this will be a first for me. She used 3 different colors for quilting. So, I'm going to have to try and match her work. It will be interesting, but at least I can get one thing done and off my "to do" list. 

Tomorrow is another day for "ME." I will enjoy it while I can. Then Thursday and Friday is at moms. Thursday I will be helping her at "Reborn" which is a thrift shop that the church has. I love selling stuff, so I will enjoy that. My volunteer with them more if everything goes well. 

As time goes by, I'm doing good. I'm still crying off and on, and I'm still getting teary eyed when I talk about dad. But as he always told me, "Life goes on." Which means he's telling me to keep living and I will. 

How was your day? Did you get a "Me" day or was it one of those days everyone else had for you to do? 

We can all keep working on our stuff, and be very Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!












No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...