Tuesday, April 3, 2018

QOV Day - Computer's Back!

This morning I received a call from mom - saying, "good morning." It was nice to hear. She wasn't feeling well, so she didn't get to go quilting today. I'll see her tomorrow.

I headed up to Olympia for our QOV meeting. It was a really nice meeting. I hadn't been up there in 2 months because of being with dad. They presented a quilt today at our meeting. It was awesome. He thanked us all for all the vets, and it almost had me in tears. The part of "retired vets" always gets me anymore. Dad was one. I said I'd get moving on doing a few tops and a couple of them turned to me and said, "But you don't sew." I laughed and said, "I know, but for this I will try." Then everyone laughed. I bought a yard each of 3 fabrics for the panel I have. It was $12.25 each!!! When did quilt fabric become so expensive???? I'm like mom, I think I'll stay with my fabrics I have and make something with that! After that, I decided to head back back home.

Was going to stop at moms but decided I needed to get home and do some laundry because I was so far behind. Plus with Katt and my Uncle gone, I had two beds to wash and make.

I did watch some of my TV shows and got a few stitches in on my cross stitching.


I got quite a bit done. I'm happy with the way it's going. I'm now doing March. I downloaded April's part, and hope to get that going soon. At least I'm getting closer to getting caught up. 

Called mom to see how she was doing. She was doing good. We talked about what we will do tomorrow. Have a few things we need to get done. We'll probably go out to lunch as well. 

Got my computer back!! Apparently there were a lot of Malware on my computer from "games you downloaded." Funny part is that I didn't download ANY game on here. They were already on my computer!! Brand new computer, and they loaded games without checking to see if there was Malware! 

I'm going to have to get used to using "Edge" instead of Chrome. Guess Windows 10 doesn't work well with Chrome. I wish it did. I may have to have Patrick ask our computer guy if it would be possible to load it. I forgot to ask on my notes. 

Now it's time to get back to working on stuff. I keep telling myself to work on Katt's quilt, but I want to get caught up on my SAL. If I can get to April, then I will pull the quilt out to work on it. I'm really trying to get to the point of being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...