Monday, April 16, 2018

Spent The Morning With Mom

This morning I was up and out the door to see mom. She asked me yesterday if I would come over, so I decided I would.

Stopped and got both of us a Vanilla Chai tea. Then headed to moms. Got there to find her deep in the kitchen pantry cleaning it out.


I helped mom pull out all her stuff. It was packed! We got it down to this. I had to scrub all the shelves, and even try to get the spills off the walls. Bleach works great - on most stuff. I didn't get a chance to get all the wall spills out but did the best I could. This was an all morning project. 

Mom was saying it makes her feel better to open that and not see it packed and full. We throw out a lot of stuff that was years old. Mom couldn't reach the top shelf. Dad didn't get much off the top shelf either. So, the food up there was old. We ended up with 3 garbage bags full of trash. Mom's really been cleaning her house since dad passed. It's almost as if she wants the house to look like it did when I was growing up in the military. Good enough for company and no piles out anywhere. Will be interesting to see how much cleaning she's going to get done. 

Came home and worked on laundry. Then I got back into my genealogy. I have been getting a lot of names done. I found I had one of my family members hooked to the wrong "John Wineland" as I have about 9 of them. Half of them I don't have married to anyone, so it could be anyone of those. I'll keep working on it. 

Now it's time to get back to cross stitching. I won't be going to see mom till Thursday, so the next two days I'll work on my stuff downstairs. I need to see what I can do with the blocks mom got done on the QOV fabrics. She cut more blocks out and will sew on those later. I'm amazed at what all she got done for me. I'm not so good at that. It's something I'll have to work on. 

Tomorrow is another day.......it will be fun to see what tomorrow brings! What are your plans for tomorrow?

Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...