Thursday, April 12, 2018

Visiting With Quilters!

This morning I enjoyed being able to sleep in. Then I was off to our old "TAS" group. It's the applique group now, I think.

Arrived around 10:45 am. I walked in to 4 of the quilters chatting with Rita. Then they asked me how I was doing.....well that set the tears coming. I did talk about dad a little. It's getting a little easier to talk about it, but there will always be tears. Dad meant a lot to me. It's hard knowing he's not here to chat with or to laugh with. Once the tears start, I have to think of things go get me out of crying.

I worked on the Rebecca Campbell quilt that I had the other quilt group make blocks for. I'm down to two blocks that need to be done. So, I printed the freezer paper with half the pattern - didn't realize I only had half on it!- and cut them out at the meeting. Then I ironed on the fabrics for the flower. Now I just need to get the other half printed to iron those. THEN, I can applique the flower pieces together. I was happy with what all I got done today. It gave me some time to just sit and chat with the group.

They were so sweet in giving me $50 to go towards dad's church's preschool. I think there are close to $1000 worth in dad's name to the church preschool. It's a scholarship for those in need to be able to put their children in preschool. Dad loved to volunteer with the food. He would be there with other church members working with the children. He loved how smart they were. Dad would talk about one child or another and what happened that day.

Stopped off at moms around 1 pm. She was busy with more stuff. Then she showed me her closet. She got rid of dad's clothes. When we were looking we decided to hang her quilt tops, so she can see what she has and which ones will be quilted next.


She's got a lot more than me that needs to be quilted. These are all the quilt tops that the family picked. She was saying if she didn't get them quilted, the ones they go to can pay to have them quilted by Kathleen. I told her she better be able to quilt most of these. 

She had a hair appointment, so even though Ethel was there, she had to leave. Ethel left about the same time. I was getting some stuff done for mom before I left. I need to go back over tomorrow. Not sure when I'll go over though. 

Came home and played a few games. I really didn't get much done. I did take a photo of the tulips in the yard! It's so cool to see the tulips coming up. 


A better photo was posted on Instagram. 

I just got done making some banana bread. It's in the oven and I'm hoping it will come out fine. Haven't made it in a while, so we'll see. The funny part is that I only had 2 bananas for it, when it called for 3. We'll see how it comes out. 

Now it's time to get back to my crafts. At least I worked on some applique. - Mom's been making a lot of 4 patches and 9 patches for QOV. She's not putting them in a quilt top, but she's getting a lot of them done! I'll have to see what I can come up with when she's done. I'm sure we can get a few quilts made with all the different blocks she's making. 

Is there anything you've been working on that's taken a long time to get finished? Have you finished a quilt top lately? Would love to see it!

In the meantime, let's all be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...