Wednesday, May 23, 2018

A Day Of Volunteering

Today I was up and ready to go. I had to be at "Reborn" (thrift shop) by 10 am. I went to "Love's" to get a gift card for Art at "Carl's." Then I stopped and got a chai tea.

On my way to Reborn! I arrived and the doors were not opened. The gal with the key showed up and said we were early. lol - Of course I'm going to be early. I like to be early when I work. We did really good today. Sold a lot of clothes. Trouble was that I found out they are closing the shop at the end of June. It's a shame because I'm enjoying myself there.

Came home and worked on my thread catchers. I finished 5 of them today. I did have to stop at Billie's in town to get more buttons. I spent $25 on buttons but none of them were over $1.50. I didn't want to be putting too much money into the catchers. This way, if I get 20-30 of them done, I can sell them at a good price. If the buttons cost over $2. then I would have to price them higher. I need to do more bright colors, because the ones I made are kinda dark and drab.


I had 10 of them in these colors. I really need to work on some blues, greens, and oranges. I bought enough buttons for 18. I have more buttons in my big container, so I'll use what I bought and then go through my "old" buttons. Hate to get read of some really old ones, but then again, what am I going to use them for?

I remember a time when you could get 6 or 12 buttons for one price. Now they come in 2 or 3. Guess that's the price of high pricing. With that thought, I'm glad I don't live in Seattle. They can't seem to account for their money and they tax the city. Most people can't live in Seattle anymore. Now I know why my cousins moved out of Seattle.

Enough said. Tomorrow I'm going over to moms and then we will be working at Reborn till 5 pm. It's going to be another busy day. I'm hoping to get a few more thread catchers done while I'm there. I have them in a bag with everything I need. I did get one done there today.

I was just getting ready to do some cross stitch but didn't get to it, because I needed to write one here. Too funny! I seem to need to do my blog before I start on my crafts. Who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll get some stitches in on the quilt at moms. Doubt it! lol

Life is good - for now. I have my moments with the loss of my father. I seem to get teary without knowing I would. I talk to people and I'm ok, I watch WDYTYA - and the tears come. I drive anywhere and the tears start.

Best wishes, Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...